Technical Specialist Principal - Spatial Metrology at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Technical Specialist Principal - Spatial Metrology
In this exciting career opportunity, you will provide spatial metrology for state-of-the-art space-based optical remote sensing systems and other airborne and spaceflight hardware for a variety of applications.
What You'll Do:
- Work with teams of engineers to perform spatial metrology on spaceflight hardware using a variety of spatial measurement instruments.
- Work in a team environment with engineers, technicians and other technical specialists to develop and implement novel state-of-the-art methods for the alignment and integration of space-based optical systems.
- Perform analysis of spatial metrology data.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 18 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 16 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with two or more of the following measurement equipment and software:
- Portable CMMs
- Laser trackers
- Laser radars
- Spatial Analysis software such as NRK SA
- Knowledge of Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Strong detail-oriented skills with solid mathematical abilities.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- Knowledge of optical engineering fundamentals preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited to no daily supervision/direction.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and collaborate with different disciplines across the company.
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Cleanroom experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work at all Ball Aerospace’s Colorado campuses (Boulder, Broomfield and Westminster) for extended periods of time.
- Current Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance with a current favorable single scope background investigation preferred. The ability and willingness to obtain such a clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $41.83/hr - $56.49/hr (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.