Technical Specialist I at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technical Specialist I
Perform complex functions of a specialized nature to support engineering and manufacturing requiring advanced application of both technical theory and practical knowledge in the design, development, assembly and test, delivery or launch of a wide variety of company products and systems. Duties are typically more responsibility oriented (versus daily task oriented), performed with little to no oversight or prioritization by a higher authority, sophisticated and unique in nature, and vary greatly in breadth and depth of content during day-to-day operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, test, and troubleshoot precision spacecraft, subsystems, components, instruments, and/or mechanisms, for research & development projects, flight applications or ground stations.
- Perform limited design or statistical process control analysis for technical applications.
- May perform CAD modeling and design analysis using any of a variety of software tools.
- May design, develop, test and troubleshoot prototype and breadboard electronics, hardware and software applications, or data acquisition and control hardware/software.
- Maintain electronic build records, required logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures for completeness and compliance to contract requirements.
- Assimilate diverse data and recommend action to address unique and complex technical situations.
- Contribute to written and oral proposals and design reviews, internal review boards, specifications, work standards, and business processes.
- Provide advanced instruction and training on specialized procedures and techniques to other employees and may develop processes and procedures essential to departmental compliance.
- Make continuous improvement suggestions, participate and lead projects in area of responsibility.
- Effective communications and regular interaction with higher level management, customers, and internal and external auditors.
- May plan and commit resources, coordinate and lead the work of lower-level employees to assure task completion.
- May participate in industry-wide working groups or seminars and be recognized by industry experts, suppliers, and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 12 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $32.21 - $43.51 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.