Technical Solutions Consultant at Benchling
Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling’s applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world’s most renowned research institutes.
We’re looking for Technical Solutions Consultants with expertise across life sciences R&D and complex software systems, and are eager to work directly with our customers and our engineering team to create impactful solutions that drive the biotech revolution.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Interface deeply with customers at the cutting edge of biotechnology to understand their software systems and recommend how Benchling can help
- Design and implement cloud-based integrations and extensions on top of the Benchling platform
- Work with engineers and product managers to plan, prioritize, and execute on launching new features and integrations rapidly
- Partner with Services and Customer Success to enable complex rollouts at large enterprise customers
- Develop pitches with Sales and Marketing that resonate in a market that's rapidly evolving
- Participate and contribute to process, product, or best practices initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or engineering
- 5+ years direct experience working with complex software in the life sciences R&D space
- Excellent at listening to others and expressing ideas in written and oral form
- Great at empathizing with scientists and can quickly understand complicated scientific concepts
- Able to partner with engineering and work through challenging technical problems
- Curious, creative, and tenacious. Excited to collaborate with customers as a thought partner.
- Ability to travel 25-30%
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.