Technical Enablement Specialist at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Enablement Specialist to help design, develop, and facilitate technical training content and programs to drive the onboarding and ongoing enablement of our technical teams (Engineering, Customer Success, and others). These programs include building technical learning paths, eLearning self-paced courses, certification, and other enablement programs to maximize the technical team members productivity leading to success in their role. The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is key to successful performance in this role.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about training, accountable, highly organized, self-motivated and able to lead cross-functional projects. You are adaptable to changing priorities to drive performance, productivity and results via building strong relationships.
We are constantly improving our programs to deliver the right training, at the right time, at the right level to drive measurable impact. We are a team with a powerful impact so your contribution will be impactful and highly visible.
- Manage the logistics, scheduling, organizing and facilitating the onboarding program for the new technical team members and serve as a primary point of contact for the program.
- Design, Develop interactive and engaging training content using various authoring tools (e.g. Adobe Captivate, LMS tools, etc)
- Assess and analyze the learning needs of team members based on current and future strategic plans.
- Define and track the right metrics to evaluate the success of the programs.
- Conduct post-training evaluations and gather feedback to continuously improve the programs.
- Collaborate closely with other enablement team members to leverage best practices.
- Work closely with leadership to define and communicate expectations and processes.
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration, partnering closely with subject matter experts, and stakeholders to develop the most effective and engaging programs possible.
What you'll bring to the table:
- You can take complex technical concepts and clearly explain them to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills with a variety of technical skill level learners and executives.
- Proficiencies in project management, instructional design methodologies, training content creation in multiple modalities and formats (elearning, ILT, virtual)
- Ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
- Team player and relationship builder.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams in a very collaborative manner.
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even with no direct line of authority.
- You have a proven track record of picking up new technical skills quickly.
Nice to haves:
Experience with learning management systems (preferably WorkRamp)
- Experience with project and knowledge management tools and platforms
- Experience building playbooks and document processes.
- Familiarity with tools such as Zendesk, Github, IntelliJ, AWS Logs, aned CircleCI.
- Comprehension of cloud
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.