Technical Documentation Specialist at Pluralsight (Remote)
At Pluralsight, our Support team is a centralized resource for internal and external customers providing product and system expertise. We are building a world-class Support experience by focusing on a high level of technical knowledge, systems built around speed and feedback distribution across the organization, and issue resolution.
A Technical Document Specialist (TDS) is an integral part of Pluralsight's Support department and owns the strategy, administration, execution, and evolution of our technical documentation and self-serve systems. As part of the Documentation team, the TDS will work closely with Experience, Product Marketing, and Support.
Who you are:
- You are detailed, persistent, and methodical.
- You love serving customers!
- You value getting a complete understanding of a situation to ask good questions.
- You explore or think through the logic of how things work.
- You like to understand a desired outcome, get the context, then work carefully to deliver the result.
- You are open to others' viewpoints, and enjoy viewing situations from another perspective.
- You enjoy writing, explaining processes to others, and providing self-serve resources.
- You are insatiably curious, and passionate about learning! You can easily adapt to change.
Where you'll advise:
As the main touchpoint of Help Center content, you will create articles for the Help Center and possibly elsewhere. You follow company voice, tone, and best practices to provide an amazingly informative and enjoyable self-serve experience for our customers.
What you'll do:
- Scope, prioritize, investigate, and write technical documentation articles within our Help Center, located at help.pluralsight.com
- Test product features and review existing articles to ensure documentation is correct
- Meet regularly with cross-company partners to understand detailed nuances of features or promotions
- Follow and contribute to team process for reviewing, removing, or adding new documentation
- Create, train, and review on product and internal support documentation processes and standards
- Advise on self-serve systems to optimize our customer experience, including re-categorization, terminology, and tools
Experience you'll need:
- 2+ years of technical writing experience
- Bachelor's in related industry/field or equivalent experience (English, Communications, Journalism, UI/UX, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems)
- Strong interpersonal communication and diplomacy skills handling different cross-functional teams
- Ability to quickly analyze and comprehend new or unfamiliar technical systems, processes, and terminology
- Ability to function effectively working with a distributed team
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.