The Technical Director is responsible for and owns the technical product the agency produces. In doing so, this person leads the technical team at BarkleyREI and is responsible for overseeing and directing engineering services to various groups and stakeholders within the organization. A primary focus of this role is interfacing with prospective clients and current clients and collaborating with internal teams to understand their needs and requirements and translate those needs into detailed technical specifications. Further, the right candidate must be an effective leader with great communications skills. They must possess a keen understanding of modern web technologies and how they can be applied to solve business problems. They must be able to motivate others to perform at their best and encourage teamwork and collaboration.
- Ownership and oversight of technical work and recommendations produced by the BarkleyREI development team.
- Develop technical specifications and architectural requirements for team members and client stakeholders.
- Establish agency standards for development, testing, and promote and preach best practices to internal and client stakeholders.
- Participate in new business efforts, sales pitches, proposals, estimations, SOWs and contract negotiations. Lead with recommendations as subject matter expert to help clients, or internal initiatives, make the right decisions to benefit project outcome while being mindful of profitability and scope requirements.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and recommendations to clients, stakeholders and other business leaders.
- Create and foster a culture of creativity, innovation, productivity, and collaboration, focused on continued assessment and enhancement of process and tools. Guide R&D efforts, analyze new techniques and technologies, facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Recruit, manage, and mentor cross functional technical teams.
- Motivate team members to do the best work of their career.
- Develop career paths, perform evaluations, provide feedback and professional advice, assess retention risks.
- Inform and evangelize the team’s capabilities to others within the organization.
- Negotiate and overcome impediments to productivity and teamwork.
- Evaluate team contributions, establish objective measures and performance indicators.
- Forecast, secure and manage budgets to support development efforts and initiatives.
- 10+ years of experience managing technical teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of front-end and back-end website technologies
- Extensive Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Salesforce CRM experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or IT.
- Track record of achieving business goals with technology.
- Experience hiring and retaining technical talent.
- Effective communications skills.
- Preference for hands-on experience.
- Preference for PHP and C# experience
- Preference for cloud platform experience
- Preference for consulting / agency experience
At Barkley, the health and safety of our partners is our number one priority.
- As part of our pre-employment process, all offers of employment (including temporary and contractors) are contingent upon candidates providing proof of vaccination against Covid-19. Individuals seeking accommodation due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious beliefs/practices that prevent vaccination against Covid-19 may request an exemption and participate in our interactive review process.
- We believe being radically diverse and inclusive is the key to becoming one of the world’s great creative idea companies. By embracing everything that makes our partners who they are and what makes them unique to the world around them, we create the conditions and capacity to help creative, original thinking thrive.
- Barkley is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging as part of our corporate strategic goals, supported by a formal DEI+B program, Employee Resource Groups, Director of Diversity leadership and agency commitment to The Brand Lab.
More Information on Barkley
Barkley operates in the AdTech industry. The company is located in Kansas City, MO. Barkley was founded in 1964. It has 586 total employees. To see all 44 open jobs at Barkley, click here.
Read Full Job Description