Technical Director – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning at Bixal (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:36 a.m. (CST) on Friday, May 13, 2022
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
Bixal seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director to join our growing International Programs Team.
- Provide monitoring, evaluation and learning expertise on a wide variety of USAID-, foundation-, and other USG-funded MEL activities for international development projects; these include external evaluations, MEL capacity building, monitoring systems support, and other tasks as assigned
- Lead technical initiatives to systematize quality across the organization and support the roll-out of standard approaches.
- Represent the company to donors, partners and collaborators to advance the interests of the company.
- Serve as a thought leader and high-level representative for Bixal in the wider development community.
- Assume full accountability for the quality of work and client satisfaction for projects lead.
- Supervise and mentor junior- and/or mid-level MEL staff
- Assist with trouble shooting and problem solving when needs arise, including delivering services to the client when required.
- Actively contribute to new business development through leading, writing, and reviewing proposals
- Master’s degree in social sciences, such as international relations, political science, economics, or related subject, with technical training in MEL
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in MEL roles
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis skills, including knowledge of data management, analysis, and visualization software (e.g. Stata, Atlas.ti, Tableau, etc.)
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills, including expert cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong cultural competence and ability to work flexible hours to accommodate clients or consultants in other time zones
- Knowledge of US Government and other donor regulations
- A self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize assignments to meet required deadlines
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- A commitment to advancing a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas for short-term assignments, such as evaluations or assessments, up to 25% of the time
Nice to Haves:
- Professional proficiency in a foreign language, highly preferred
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Flex Spending Account
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
11 Paid holidays
Professional development opportunities
New business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
More Information on Bixal
Bixal operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Fairfax, VA and Washington, DC. Bixal was founded in 2001. It has 162 total employees. To see all 23 open jobs at Bixal, click here.
Read Full Job Description