We are looking for a tech-savvy Client Advisor to join the team in Baltimore, Maryland. The success of the Client Advisor role is measured by the growth of our existing client base and by the overall business in our Baltimore market. This means an increase in client interaction, increased contracts and renewals for new services, a broader relationship with the client and their key technical decision-makers.
Expedient is a provider of cloud and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. We are a CRN Top 100 Data Center and Solutions Provider, a Top Workplace winner for 6 years and ranked among the Top 3 Managed Service Providers globally.
Direct applicants only; sponsorship is not provided
We are looking for client management experience and demonstrated success in technical sales.
Responsibilities of the Technical Client Advisor:
- Prospect and strategize existing Expedient client base in the Baltimore and surrounding markets to forecast growth and future needs based on client business, industry trends and the local business climate
- Engage with Expedient sales development team to develop prospecting campaigns and engage clients
- Meet and/or exceed quota for growth of existing client base including meetings with clients, upgrades to their existing equipment, renewing contracts, and foreseeing future technical needs
- Partner with Expedient Solutions Architects and our subject matter experts to visit existing clients, and grow that relationship
- Review and evaluate existing client environments, recommending service and technology to meet both their existing and anticipated needs
- Attend trade shows and participate as a speaker in marketing events
- Develop and present informative solutions demonstrations/presentations to existing clients
Requirements of Client Advisor:
- Experience selling in the Baltimore tech community and familiarity with commerce and business in and around the area
- A self-driven and self-motivated work ethic is absolutely necessary
- Experience and success selling through long technical sales cycles and larger, complex deals
- Ability and willingness to attend instruction and new product demos from internal subject matter experts
- Strong sales acumen; prospecting, listening, follow-up, evaluating needs of the client and the ability to explain complex concepts to all audiences
- Understanding of Internet/IP related technologies including, but not limited to, routing, switching and sub-netting
- Understanding of core ISP technologies such as DNS, SMTP, HTTP/S and WAN
- Strong time-management skills to prioritize work load, respond to client needs and adhere to monthly goals and sales volume
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place a high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. We make education and training available to employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.