Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for a Technical Lead who will be responsible for a customer loyalty program or rewards program - a marketing strategy that rewards loyal customers that frequently engage with Paxful. This role will help us to increase customer loyalty and ensure continuous growth of our business. You will be based out of Russia and report to Head of Engineering.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Work alongside with Engineering Team
- Build scalable, highly-available, robust systems and ensure their continuous delivery
- Solve complex technical challenges that play a critical role in the overall platform scalability
- Lead peer engineers to ensure that the most appropriate technical solution are used
- Collaborate with product managers in order to translate business requirements into actionable implementation plan
- Evangelise software craftsmanship principles to peer engineers
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
- At least 2 years of experience as a Technical Lead and 3 years as a Senior Software Engineer
- 8+ years of the commercial web development (Python/JS/React)
- Strong knowledge and skills in Python 3+
- Experience with frameworks Django, PyYaml, Jinja
- Experience with ReactJS, Redux, Typescript
- Good knowledge of relational databases - PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases - MongoDB
- Working with the high-load systems
- Good verbal and written English
What we offer:
- Work at a fast-growing company
- A competitive salary, along with bonuses and annual performance-based raises
- Gym and food compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A co-working space in the city center
- The latest tech and equipment (MacBooks, monitors, etc.)
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.