Tech Director at AKQA (Atlanta, GA)
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital products and services that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. Our culture celebrates diversity, hard work and fun. We are passionate about our craft, working together to create a better future, and ensuring we have an unfair share of the best talent in Atlanta. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Technical Director are responsible for driving and developing technology strategy and execution across key clients that delivers on business goals. They collaborate closely with project leads, the client, third-party vendors, partners, and are responsible for representing technology through all phases of a project from discovery to deployment. Technical Directors are required to have detailed understanding of common development stacks across a number of technologies and platforms. You will contribute to the company’s founding values – Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought – while helping to create digital products and services for some of the world’s most forward-thinking brands.
Based in the center of Midtown, our Atlanta studio is as vibrant as its location. With a core focus on digital products and services, we are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to deliver best-in-class customer experiences for our clients.
Our culture celebrates diversity, hard work and fun. We are passionate about our craft, working together to create a better future, and ensuring we have an unfair share of the best talent in Atlanta.
- An ability to develop and maintain steady, strategic relationships with client stakeholders and partners
- Proven ability to manage client engagements focused on providing technical assessment, recommendations, and application development
- A strong understanding of modern web and mobile development best practices along with an appreciation of compelling user experience and visual design
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an ability to translate complex technical concepts to client partners and internal teams
- Comfortable working with business and IT stakeholders to challenge the norm and motivate productive discourse
- Experience in an agency, startup, or product-driven workplace where self-motivation and direction are the norms
- Experience managing technology teams, including nearshore, vendor, or co-development teams
- Ability to analyze business requirements quickly to determine and assess the feasibility
- Excellent understanding of best practices across holistic technology delivery (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management, etc.)
- 8+ years developing and leading medium to large scale technology engagement
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as .NET, Swift, Java and PHP, SQL, Ruby-on-Rails, etc. and the ability to propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these technologies
- Knowledge of object-oriented design concepts, various frameworks, data storage implementations, and enterprise design patterns
- Knowledge of multiple CMS platforms, such as Sitecore, Sitefinity, AEM, Contentful, Drupal, ContentStack or similar applications
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and a keen interest in following emerging technologies
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years of experience preferably within a consulting or agency environment, implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions
- Effective communication skills at all levels (presentation, written, verbal). Leveraging negotiation and influence to facilitate product creation
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with peers and external client staff with a customer service oriented mindset.
- Strong organization skills; responsive to colleagues for overall clarity and understanding
- Passion for creating innovative solutions that help companies connect and engage with customers
- An objective focused and positive approach and be comfortable working independently. Is self-motivated and self-driven
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.