**This role is only open to current Neighborhood Goods associates.
About the Team Lead
The Team Lead will join us at our new location on Legacy West in Plano, Texas. As our hosts and storytellers, the Team Lead is primarily focused on delivering an amazing experience for every customer as well as assisting our Retail General Manager in daily FOH and BOH operations. We’re looking for an up-beat, proactive, solution oriented professional team player who is eager to contribute to a growing Neighborhood Goods community.
About Neighborhood Goods
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store, featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's most exciting brands and products. More than that, Neighborhood Goods is a community, bringing people together to shop, eat, and learn in our vibrant physical spaces.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and is proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Drives highest level of service
- Understands the customer is always first; we are here to serve them
- Prioritize conversations with customers to clearly and effectively communicate our innovative concepts
- Seamlessly provide customer assistance across multiple product categories including all tech POS related situations
- Supports company vision to enhance client experience
- Strong brand knowledge, understanding and representation
- Act as brand ambassadors for our in-house and revolving brands, is able to communicate information about products and telling each brand’s story in an authentic and genuine manner as well as coaches team members on elevated conversations with clients
- Holds themselves and their team accountable to a strong performance
- Results oriented; hungry to drive and deliver strong results
- Positively motivates and inspires their team – daily, monthly & quarterly
- Objectively assess strong, as well as poor staff performance, then develops individuals to their best degree
- Regular follow up on goals and staff performance; moves the business and team forward
- Recruits and retains teams; keeps store staffed at all times
- Foster a sense of community in store, both with fellow associates and with customers
- Has no attendance issues
- Support inventory management activities, including receiving, tagging, and monitoring inventory
- Support visual merchandising activities and help make sure the store is always looking up to standards
- Assist with in-store events and programming
- Respectfully share ideas, shift recaps, and feedback with the Retail Manager
Who You Are
- Primary focus is positive; negative is minimized
- Detail oriented in all aspects of the store
- Communication skills are strong, direct and effective, must be able to put all personal opinions aside and resolve all interactions with clients and team members professionally
- Strategically action plans their business to meet goals regularly
- Goal oriented; uses action plans to drive business and team performance
- Mentor to their peers
- Creative, innovative and resourceful to overcome obstacles. Ability to “fly high and low” –understand when to get detailed in the business or when to step back and let the team soar on their own
Some Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Paid time off after 90 days of employment
- Elective Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employee discounts
- Quarterly bonus potential
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.