Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Uber, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Block, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta was named a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You have the choice to work from wherever you’re happiest and most productive, whether that’s from home, a co-working space, or one of our four global offices, depending on your location. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
In this role you will lead the team to ensure the smooth running of Workday. Additionally, you’ll partner with the business to develop, implement and maintain Workday. This position will be part of a team that oversees the functional configuration of Workday to meet the needs of the business throughout the organization. This position will look for ways to enhance current configuration, identify opportunities for functionality uptake and build and own recurring projects.What you'll do
- Provide guidance in the strategy, design, implementation, and maintenance of Workday. Lead the development and design of Workday and relevant modules. Customize and configure the HCM system and partner with IT and other subject matter experts to ensure optimal use of systems, integrations and business requirements.
- Partner with the HRIS team in monitoring system updates, analyzing new functionality & system capabilities, and complete testing for updates and releases
- Research, analyze, design and maintain Workday to support key business processes
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues and recommending/delivering solutions
- Provide training to key systems users
- Support needs of the business to develop reporting and dashboards
- Keep up-to-date with all Workday functional improvements and enhancements and make recommendations accordingly while ensuring that twice yearly Workday releases go live successfully.
- Consistently seek and drive process efficiencies that remove administration effort from end users.
- Design, configure, test and deploy Workday process or functional changes.
- Build reports and dashboards to drive self service.
- Lead discussions and requirements gathering across various functions and teams.
- Manage the day to day operations of the HRIS team.
What we're looking for
- Sound judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- Experience outlining business requirements, business process design, and putting together documentation.
- Experience working across various levels of an organization, while building trust and fostering collaboration.
- Strong critical thinking skills, able to use ‘first principles’ to solve challenging business problems at their root level
- Self-motivated, rapid learner, excited about developing your analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented, always evaluating whether our team's activities are achieving the desired, measurable impact
- Owner, always looking for opportunities to learn and better your work product
- Comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing team-oriented environment and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Analytical mindset and a “People First” mentality with demonstrated ability to work through complex, ambiguous problems using data and creating configuration solutions based on that data
- Bachelor’s degree essential
- At least 8 years of directly related HRIS and Workday experience
- Experience in HCM, Reporting, Advanced Compensation and Talent/Performance required
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.#LI-Remote