Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team:
Payments Software team is looking to add an experienced, professional, and energetic Systems Engineer to our growing team. Successful candidates will have a solid background in systems support in a highly available, 24/7, public facing Linux environment. The Systems Support Engineer will work closely with the Client Services and Product teams to ensure SaaS Operations can exceed SLA and uptime objectives. The role is designed for a sys admin ninja who can not only triage and prioritize when necessary, but has a strong sense of responsibility and ownership, and can drive a complex problem to completion.
What you will be doing:
- Work with various cloud providers to deploy and run infrastructure used by our SaaS products.
- Operate, deploy and enhance components of our ecosystem such as Load Balancers, Firewalls, CI/CD rigs, orchestration, security infrastructure, monitoring and alerting tools, etc.
- Serve as the escalation point for technical support issues.
- Ensure that SLA for our 24/7 production and supporting environments is maintained.
- Contribute to and maintain process documentation for the SaaS team.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve SLA/Uptime and minimize customer impacts.
- Keep customers informed about impending maintenance window, software deployment and infrastructure upgrades.
- Delegate work as needed to our FIS India Team.
- Understand, champion and enforce security and compliance policies and procedures.
- Track work activity, service tickets, or project tickets in Jira, Salesforce and other project tracking tools.
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience supporting a high availability publicly facing product with 24/7 uptime and 99.9%+ SLA.
- Good understanding of LDAP and Directory severers.
- Understanding of enterprise security tools and methodologies (SIEM, Vuln Mgmt, SOC, PCI, etc)
- Effectively prioritize deliverables and manage workload to meet deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task and work across a range of projects and issues with various timelines and priorities.
- Driven, dedicated contributor that expects excellence from him/herself and the team he/she leads.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Broad knowledge of architecture of enterprise level information technology hardware (e.g., WAN, LAN and computer systems and peripherals) and software platforms.
- Deploying product features and updates on application servers (JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of networking technologies. (VPN, Load Balancers, Firewalls, Routers, etc.)
- Understanding of internet technologies. (Web servers, encryption, XML, HTTP, Web Services, etc.)
- Experience with running operations at a cloud provider such as Amazon.
- Familiarity with utilizing cloud technologies such as (CloudWatch, CloudFormation, S3, CloudFront, etc)
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration methodologies.
- Experience with IT infrastructure tools such as application and server monitoring, log management, IPS/IDS, vulnerability management, etc.
- Experience with Databases, SQL, LDAP, and Linux/Unix.
- Experience supporting Financial/Banking systems specifically in OLTP and transaction switching
- Experience in Transaction Switching systems applications (IST/Switch)
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.