About the role
The ideal candidate must have a passion for keeping current with the latest Windows Desktop related technologies. The candidate is expected to proactively recommend new technologies that we will add to our multi-year roadmap. This role requires the ability to conduct POC's, design proposed architecture, plan the implementation, and write documentation
What you bring
- Experience designing new architecture and methods for implementation (eg: Windows OS migrations, Intune, Co-Management)
- Excellent Communication skills (Written and Verbal):
- Clear and concise executive summaries
- Highly technical and detail oriented with peers
- 5+ years prior experience in a Desktop Engineering role
- 7+ years' experience in working in IT services organization
- 3 years working in a Financial Services environment
- Education - college degree preferred
- Self-motivated, desire to drive change to new technologies that will benefit the firm
- Experience designing and implementing automation for repetitive processes and tasks
- Proactively identify and resolve issues while making recommendations to management/colleagues on continued improvement of processes.
- Organized - able to take notes, provide clear & concise status and ability to formulate a recommended action plan based on issues encountered
- Project Management skills - ability to schedule and run a meeting, take clear & concise minutes with take-away's, follow-up between meetings.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities that are in line with the team
- Being able to efficiently and respectfully collaborate with peers and management that may have different views.
- SCCM - Expert level Knowledge of Deployment, Packaging, Patching, Reporting
- Strong troubleshooting skills in general. Especially around OS and SCCM Architecture
- Expert level experience with Windows OS, registry, file system and Event logs
- A good understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy
Added bonus skills
- Experience with scripting: VB Script, PowerShell, Batch
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Creating documentation and presentations to represent new technologies
- Experience with application streaming and virtualization solutions (Citrix XenApp, thin client, Director, Nutanix)
- Experience with Intel AMT/EMA
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.