Systems and Support Operations Manager (USA Remote) at Turnitin
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. You'll join our diverse community of colleagues who are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. So come join us and begin the most gratifying next chapter of your career.
For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by educational institutions and certification and licensing programs to uphold integrity and increase learning performance, and by students and professionals to do their best, original work.Job Description
Deliver and further advance operational excellence within the Assessment Delivery Operations function, through the implementation and ownership of customer focused processes and systems management, whilst promoting consistency of best practice across all Assessment Delivery Operations teams.
Key Responsibilities and Outputs
- Design, deliver and maintain technical monitoring dashboards, across multiple systems, to ensure that the Assessment Delivery Operations team has the visibility to serve our customers in an informed and proactive manner
- Lead systems migration(s) process, in collaboration with the broader Tii support organization to ensure ways of working and process alignments
- Ensure established Tii ways of working/process and procedures are continually reviewed and adapted in line with market demands
- Ensure that ways of working, processes and systems are fit for purpose, efficient and effective, revising these in a proactive collaborative way.
- Via the wider leadership team (and through own actions), carry out promotional activity of new and existing best practices
- Contribute to P0 process and subsequent postmortem and degradation report activity, ensuring that the support teams voice is heard
- Process ownership for escalations, liaising with the wider team and other Stakeholders as required to ensure that the process is clear and consistent.
- Ensure that all processes are shared with the wider team so that they can perform to expected standards.
- Collaborate with your Colleagues/Line Manager to create ongoing training of these processes and development programs for the Assessment Delivery Operations teams
- Regularly assess and implement opportunities for improvement – in process/ways of working, systems use, etc
- Take part in recruitment activity for the team as required
- Identify, and lead continuous improvement projects across a wide platform of subjects in relation to your team and the wider Customer Experience – including Training/Ways of working/etc
- Work with Assessment Delivery Operations and offshore partners leaderships to ensure the wider support team are engaged in both the team and wider company strategy, goals and purpose – through regular communication and meets/events
- Continually nurture the relationship between Assessment Delivery Operations and other internal business functions
- Ownership of public facing system monitoring tools (status page) from a Customer Experience perspective, always operating with a customer centric mentality
- Research and suggest how we communicate better between offices in the team
- Actively progress own personal development
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in building customer relationships
- 3+ years in customer care system management in a fast paced environment
- Team leadership/supervisory experience
- Experience developing and implementing projects, from proof of concept to large scale deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Commercial knowledge of the education sector
- User experience of CRM systems preferably salesforce and Zendesk
- Experience with automation software such as Zapier
- Action-oriented mindset
- Passion for education
- Passion for excellent customer and user experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities & projects
- Ability to work independently and perform under pressure
- Broad knowledge of online software and relevant technologies
- Strong leadership skills
- Commercial awareness and understanding, in order to identify and exploit market opportunities in the ed sector (specifically online/e-assessment)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to form effective working relationships with both internal and external partners
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.