Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!Come join our Technology team
Our Technology team is committed to empower Karat users to operate efficiently, securely, and with operational excellence. We partner with all internal teams to ensure each Karateer has the up-to-date tools, systems, and support available.What you will do
As our Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of existing technology services and systems. Partnering with Technology, Security, and DevOps, you will be a pivotal decision-maker in driving continuous technology enhancements and improvements within Karat.Want to hear and see a job description instead of read one?
Learn more about this position directly from our hiring manager, Jovon Hodge!
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Collaborate with external vendors and partners in order to resolve issues, evaluate technology solutions, and pricing.
- Serve as a partner and point of escalation for the IT Support team on complex hardware, network, and software issues
- Help develop and evolve processes to improve the effectiveness of internal systems and security compliance efforts.
- Lead various I.T. projects from design through implementation.
- Ensure Karat meets external compliance requirements by providing analysis, reporting, and guidance to members of our Security team.
- Configure a wide variety of SaaS applications (e.g. Office 365, G Suite, Slack, Okta, Zoom, etc.).
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new technologies as Karat expands both nationally and internationally.
- Manage our fleet of macOS, iOS, Windows, and Chrome OS devices with Jamf, Intune, and others.
- Assist with the IT buildout of new office spaces as Karat grows.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology with 3+ years as a System Administrator (or similar)
- Deep knowledge in troubleshooting and managing macOS and Windows (Linux a plus)
- Demonstrated ability with an MDM in a mixed technology environment (JAMF preferred)
- Solid understanding of Cloud architecture and applications (such as identity management, G Suite, Office 365, etc).
- Scripting and PowerShell knowledge preferred
- Broad technical depth and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience automating device deployment and administration tasks
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and project management skills
- Proven ability to understand and apply security concepts for applications and associated technologies
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high-volume, quick-change environment
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].