Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling is looking for an experienced Salesforce Administrator ready to own, execute and scale the go-to-market systems. As a key member of the administration team, you will help our Salesforce instance to scale with a rapidly growing sales and post sales organization. You will also be responsible for creating world class processes when it comes to user management, deployments and implementation of our growing tech stack. Lastly, you will offer best practices and recommendations around overall system architecture, sandbox management and devops (CI/CD).YOUR IMPACT
- Empower user base by supporting current functionality of Salesforce Sales Cloud, Experience with CPQ (Quote to Cash), Docusign, Conga, Gainsight
- Manage Salesforce users/roles/profiles,flows, validation rules and page layouts
- Confident in manipulating large amounts of data while understanding related object/field functions
- Create system operation dashboards, reports and statistics that support data driven decision making and process improvement across the organization
- Implement a sandbox, devops and deployment strategy that scales with time
- Evaluates requests for new or modified features/functionality to determine feasibility, complexity and time required and compatibility with current systems and develops proposals to deliver desired solutions
- Perform root cause analysis on issues and resolve prioritized defects
- Design, develop, document, test and modify on-going customization and adjustments to Salesforce.com platform. Maintain and enhance workflows, system security and functionality within the system environment and as Salesforce.com integrates with other key operational systems
- Work with our management team to establish suitable administrative processes and change management activities
- Administer and support installed AppExchange applications
- Own implementation of data policies involving retention, access, accuracy and reliability
- Minimum 5 years of Salesforce administration experience in a high-growth SaaS environment
- Strong competency with Salesforce automations, including building flows and formula fields
- Knowledge of Apex, Lightning Web Components, SOQL is a plus
- Salesforce Advanced Administrator (ADM301) certified and Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder certification required. Other Salesforce certifications are a plus
- In-depth understanding of permissions in Salesforce; Roles and Profiles, Org-wide defaults, Sharings Sets, Permission Sets
- Deep understanding of DevOps tools like Gearset, Copado is a plus
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to foster good business relationships and collaborate with business leads and stakeholders
- Relentless focus on doing what's right for the business. Have a willingness to take on tough projects and challenges to support growth with a roll-up your sleeves mentality
- You work effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives, creative approaches, and multiple competing deadlines. You are unfazed by ambiguity and can adapt quickly to change
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Our leadership principles guide how all Benchlings can lead by example:
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.