System Support Engineer/Network Administrator (GCCS) at Applied Insight LLC (Tucson, AZ)
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support, and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential. This position works directly with the GCCS-AF mission system to provide support to the DoD with system, network, database administration, testing and integration, vulnerability management, training, technical engineering, and program support for these systems.
The mission of GCCS is to develop, integrate, field, and maintain an evolving sequence of increasing capabilities for computer-supported management of theatre assets, in peacetime, contingencies (exercises), and wartime environments. This position provides technical services to support GCCS-Joint (J) Common Operational Picture (COP)/ Joint Operation Planning and Execution System (JOPES), GCCS-Air Force (AF) Deliberate Crisis-Action Planning and Execution Segments (DCAPES), and GCCS-AF Logistics Feasibility Analysis Capability (LOGFAC) for Headquarters ACC, ACC GCCS sites, and other USAF operational or exercise sites as required.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the System Support Engineer / Network Administrator, you will provide on-site system engineering and troubleshooting support to solve technical problems in both Linux and Windows environments via phone, email, chat and ticketing systems. You will support daily IT operational activities and maintenance for critical mission networking systems, including system and network administration, security scanning, mitigation, and RMF artifact capture, support for installation, upgrades, and patching, as well as a variety of specific research projects and needs in support of cybersecurity efforts.
You will excel in the role if you possess:
- Experience troubleshooting wide area network systems, databases, and client systems and the tenacity to search for solutions until the problem or issue is resolved
- An eagerness to learn new tools and technologies
- A desire to grow your career and take your infrastructure skills to the next level.
- The ability to communicate with just about anyone in a language they understand (This is a user-facing role and you will be working with a highly technical team).
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or technical field. Seven years (7) on the job experience/expertise can be substituted for Bachelor's Degree. Of these seven (7) years, two (2) must be related to C4 programs
- At least five (5) years of technical experience with a strong background in Linux and Windows troubleshooting (particularly Active Directory)
- Five (5) years of experience providing information systems administration support, and two (2) years of experience providing technical expertise and support for C4I programs
- Demonstrated proficiency maintaining the following systems and platforms: Oracle, UNIX, Solaris OS, ACAS, VMWare, NetApp
- Demonstrated expertise with Network Infrastructure to inlcude Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Firewall, Router, Switches, IAVA Patching/Upgrade, Documentation and SOP, Failover/Coop
- System administration (network and/or client systems) experience with GCCS-AF (4.3 or higher)
- Excellent oral and written skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest virtualization and networking technologies
- Active, Top Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570.01-M IA Level II certification.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Hands-on experience with automation technologies: Shell scripts, Perl, Python
- Previous experience with DoD C4I systems, specifically GCCS 4.3 or higher
- Experience with BMC Remedy or similar systems
- Experience with ACAS, NESSUS scans, VMWare
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.