System Administrator at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is hiring! We are looking for an experienced system engineer to join the team that automates identity and access management and administer cloud based IT systems and tools. The successful candidate will have previous experience and success in similar roles in rapidly growing environments. The right person is passionate about automation, scripting, and building infrastructure as code. Willingness to “roll up their sleeves” while simultaneously planning for scale is critical to success with this role!
What you'll be doing:
- Partner across the organization and the business to identify, evaluate, and resolve issues related to IT systems and integrations
- Play a key role in scaling Coinbase’s growth—configure various tools used to automate identity management, account provisioning and deprovisioning, and ensure access by role
- Manage policies and single sign-on with Okta; identify and drive efficiencies and improvements to the current system
- Manage and configure G Suite for enterprise-wide implementation of services
- Support and scale our outsource business partner engagement through tools and automation
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies in workflow and manual process through automation
- Support open source/code-based solutions and infrastructure where possible
- Implement technical and process improvements to support a security first environment
- Build and maintain internal and external documentation around process and workflows
- Support ediscovery, compliance, and audit efforts across the IT organization
- Function as a technical escalation point for the IT organization and the business
- Develop operational metrics and help measure success across the team
- Support team members throughout the IT Operations organization, being a prime escalation point and owning Coinbase’s tier 3 IT Ops ticket queue
What we look for in you:
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Enterprise experience with Google Workspace application administration
- Experience using Google Apps Manager to administer Google Workspace
- Previous experience implementing and/or administering Okta
- Deep experience administering modern SaaS tools
- Previous experience supporting complex integrations across systems
- Previous experience supporting automation through API usage and/or scripting
- Practical experience with scripting and/or code-based solutions
- Experience partnering with security engineering stakeholders in a security-first environment
- Possess a growth mindset and passion for learning
- Able to deliver clear and concise communication
- Provide technical mentorship to junior teammates
Nice to haves:
- Experience managing and implementing changes though version control (git) and CI/CD
- Passionate about building infrastructure-as-code
- Passionate about building knowledge on cloud infrastructure (Coinbase leverages Amazon Web Services) and DevOps tooling (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Terraform, etc.)
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.