SVP of Enterprise Applications at A Cloud Guru
The Sr. Vice President of Enterprise Applications will be responsible for the company's global Applications architecture and business processes. Reporting into the CIO, the SVP will partner with the business in setting strategic and tactical direction to the IT organization that provides business systems for global functions, and ensures that platform strategies are aligned with Go-to-market strategies, corporate targets, and management of the ecosystem within industry aligned cost models. The successful candidate should have a solid track record of delivering sophisticated projects across the value chain, building effective business partnerships, leading business process / IT transformation initiatives, and cost management while ensuring a positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork to achieve common goals.
Who you're committed to being:
- An outstanding communicator, committed to ensuring understanding and alignment across a variety of functional roles and technical capabilities
- An experienced leader of multi-functional teams and structures who understands how to align priorities across disparate teams and perspectives
- A results-oriented and naturally curious contributor to sophisticated and consequential projects and initiatives
- A willing and able mediator of opposing perspectives. You are experienced and accomplished at finding common ground based on a shared definition of success
- You appreciate being on a team that values and encourages diverse ideas, backgrounds, and strengths
- A lifelong learner who follows and understands existing and developing technology trends
What you'll own:
- Lead and encourage the application development team to engage with the business and identify new functionality, develop compelling business cases, prioritize projects and develop plans that maximize return on investment for the company.
- Run business applications for corporate function applications (ERP, CRM - Go to market applications, Sales, People, PS, Customer care, etc.).
- Remove obstacles, close gaps, and mitigate risks to ensure delivery on time, on budget and with impeccable quality.
- Define multi-year investment roadmap in alignment with IT cost models that delivers tangible/bottom line business value.
- Engage with business leaders across all functions to influence and create the right security solutions to lower risk while focusing on minimal impact to business operations.
- Provide technical leadership and partner with business leaders to set corporate technology strategy and investment that are integrated with overall Applications and business processes.
- Effectively coordinate and lead high priority projects to completion which meet/exceed timelines and objectives.
- Drive the cultural changes vital to enable a continuous delivery model and champion a confirmed focus on automation of the Software Development Process (SDLC).
- Nurture a strong customer service mind-set throughout the applications team, while fostering thought leadership and multi-functional partnerships.
- Seek out, validate, and bring to the technology organization innovative standard methodologies and ideas from the outside, with an emphasis on application development methodologies.
- Identify emerging technology trends, especially in the area of SaaS and cloud computing, and ensure the company is demonstrating them when appropriate to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and drive value.
- Develop, implement and supervise software development policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, SOX, GDPR, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Lead application vendor relationships and negotiate contracts to procure resources and technology solutions to meet the company's strategic objectives.
Experience you'll need:
- A minimum of 10 years in software development, project management, process development and resource management.
- 10+ years of technical execution experience in both enterprise business systems and data center infrastructure in a globally distributed company, and should know ERP/CRM areas well and how to meet S&OP, SOX and PCI compliance demands as well.
- Confirmed and current experience in the salesforce environment (sales cloud, service cloud, marketing cloud, etc), Configure-Price-Quote tool, Zuora SAAS and subscription billing, Pricing and software bundling, Entitlements & Renewals in Salesforce, Contracts and related lifecycle management.
- Has optimally led the development and delivery of multiple complex business technology solutions into production that have achieved or surpassed business goals.
- Experience developing and supporting high-demand applications optimized to run in the cloud environments.
- Deep knowledge of system architecture, technical design, and system and software development technology.
- Solid grasp of Salesforce CPQ, Order fulfillment solutions, SDLC standard methodologies, techniques and technologies
- Has knowledge of emerging trends and developments in PaaS, SaaS, cloud, machine learning and other digital technologies.
- Superb communication skills with multi-functional teams, and able to handle various tasks and priorities.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related or equivalent experience in sales or recruiting role, preferably with publishing, technical recruiting, or similar; or 3+ years with an advanced degree
- 10+ years of management experience with 8+ at VP level application responsibility.
- NetSuite, Salesforce.com, Workday, Anaplan, Concur, Coupa, RevPro, Marketo, Avalara, Okta, Gainsight, MuleSoft, DocuSign, Zuora, CPQ, Seismic, Zendesk, Splunk, DiscoverOrg, etc.