Svcs/Operations Manager, Billing & Collections at CNA
Manages a team responsible for completing Financial reconciliations and other close related activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Performs and oversees accounting and financial close related activities with an understanding of general accounting principles, and may include but are not limited to preparing journal entries, checking supporting entries, account reconciliation of complex nature accounts, account reporting and/or cost accounting analysis.
2. Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
3. Leads the analysis of data integrity to resolve all reconciliation issues and other out of balances.
4. Assists with transactional escalations, and rush or high-volume requests. May identify compliance, tax and other regulatory issues and work with other internal resources to resolve them.
5. Works with others in the organization to monitor, maintain and update processing systems. Works with technology group to resolve systems issues.
6. Prepares financial, operational and monthly business reports. Leads billing & collections projects providing subject matter requirements/testing for successful deployment.
7. Assigns distributes and coordinates work of the team with other teams ensuring consistent efficient and timely delivery of service to drive superior results.
8. Influences team behaviors and priorities on projects as a coach and mentor. Provides feedback to team on queue management, work conditions, and project progress.
9. Manages the work activities and has responsibility for the performance and development of subordinate staff in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
10. Ensures the team is focused on quality and identifies quality gaps and/or training needs.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Manager or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong client and team interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to motivate others.
- Industry and company knowledge as well as strong knowledge of the essential functions performed by the team.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people costs and quality of service.
- Familiarity with the concepts and practices of staff management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues in a clear concise and effective manner.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
- Strong customer focus with a mindset towards continuous improvement.
- Focuses on objectives to set direction and drive superior results.
- Uses Metrics and information analysis and accesses technology resources as needed.
- Builds a competitive organization by attracting managing developing and retaining the talent needed to win.
- Value driven to provide superior solutions to internal and/or external customers.
- Acts with a sense of urgency to advance priorities of the organization.
- Helps other to excel through collaboration and building strong relationships.
- Thinks creatively and uses diverse ideas to solve problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and completion of applicable insurance courses.
- Typically a minimum of four years experience in a specific function or field of expertise along with management experience.