Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land the #2 spot on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 list!
Bestow’s partnership business is growing, having launched term-life offerings with Lemonade and Equitable in 2021 and more to come in 2022. To ensure the highest quality service to these partners, our newly created technical support team to be the first touchpoint for engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders from the partner companies using our SaaS platform.
As a Support Engineer Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to set your team up for success by defining processes for monitoring and triaging issues raised by the partner teams. An ideal candidate for this role brings outstanding communication skills, experience supporting SaaS solutions & customers, and experience standing up and growing a support organization.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to work with your team to intake, triage, and document issues raised by our partners, which will empower our engineering teams to solve the problems with your help. As you learn more about Bestow services and systems, we expect you to resolve some issues without engineering support and help product managers understand common, recurring problems that need further development in our SaaS platform.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Opportunity to grow a relatively new part of Bestow’s organization and work with other leaders to define the relationship between support, engineering, and product development
- Gaining a complete understanding of partners’ integration solutions
- Providing top quality support to existing and new partners
- Assisting Product Managers to understand the scope, urgency, and severity of problems that the engineering team needs to address
- Building and refining customer-facing documentation, including integration guides and FAQs
- Opportunities to grow your software development and/or testing skills
- 3+ years experience as a technical customer liaison using project & customer management tools (JIRA, ZenDesk, etc.)
- 1+ years experience managing technical support teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with using APIs or database queries to analyze software issues
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Performance bonus
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.
Read Full Job Description