Support Associate at DealerOn (Washington DC)
The Support Associate (SA) is an entry level technical support role that is the primary face of support when a customer, partner, 3rd party or vendor contacts technical support with a request for assistance with DealerOn’s products. The core responsibilities of the SA are to ensure that response time service level agreements are met, customer issues are accurately triaged, and all issues are either resolved on the first call or routed to the appropriate resource. As the face of DealerOn, the SA interacts directly with customers to understand, document, and validate the concerns and requests of the customer while using sound technical judgement and world class service skills. The SA should be well organized with the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment. This is a remote entry level position, based out of the Headquarters office (Rockville, MD).
- Be an active member of the support team that is tasked ticket creation, basic root cause identification, issue resolution and demonstrating service delivery best practices with an emphasis on first call resolution.
- Respond promptly and professionally to inbound calls and email from customers while emulating established and proven customer service skills and meeting or exceeding contracted service level agreements and performance goals.
- Provide the initial documentation, validation and triaging of incoming support calls and email cases.
- Responsible for providing a first call resolution when applicable or routing/escalating the incident to the appropriate resource when necessary.
- Ensure that daily individual performance and quality goals are met or exceeded, and the customer’s technical issues are handled in a professional, empathetic, and effective fashion according to team processes.
- Invest in ongoing personal skills development to ensure technical expertise and industry specific skills are constantly expanded and honed.
- Participate in regular training and certification activities to stay current with industry best practices, technical releases, and company product and services updates.
- Demonstrated ability to function in an environment with multiple processes, functions, and technologies.
- Ability to effectively utilize available resources and tools to handle email, web and telephone inquiries and requests to provide technical support and ensure accurate resolutions and outcomes.
- Ability to de-escalate customer concerns, articulate information to customers, and provide an optimal resolution that embodies a world class customer experience.
- Consistently and accurately document all account information, customer issues, interactions, and resolutions in the case management systems.
- Provide an excellent customer service experience to customers by consistently delivering support using recognized best practices whether the interaction is in person, via phone or by email.
- Participate in technology update meetings to stay abreast of platform changes and provide insight as to the effects on support delivery.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for understanding risks associated with managed processes and how to implement known controls that may mitigate risk.
- Occasionally author technical Knowledgebase articles for consumption by the support team and customer community.
- Provide management with production summaries on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Some college experience with a focus in computer science, web design, technical project management, or equivalent program.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate strong customer service phone proficiencies that encapsulate sound technical knowledge, professionalism, empathy, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with a technical contact center environment that focuses on effectively troubleshooting issues to their root cause and providing accurate resolutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to think critically and contribute to the ongoing improvement of DealerOn’s products and processes.
- Ability to quickly respond to changing department priorities and manage unexpected demands in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as the determination to take on independent initiatives.
- Elementary knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Salesforce Service Cloud.
- 2+ years of previous customer service experience, preferably in a technical environment.
- 1+ years of experience in a call center environment
- Familiarity with the daily procedures of a technical contact center.
- Rudimentary knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JAVA SCRIPT.
- Familiarity with at least one content management system (CMS) such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to audiences of different skill level.
Preferred Skills/ Experience
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the organization’s core values and elevate the team spirit of their teammates
- Demonstrated ability to consistently compartmentalize their daily activities and provide exceptional results.
- High-Speed Cable Internet connection with a rated speed of 15Mbps
- Reliable Internet Service Provider (ISP) necessary to perform job