Support Analyst, Crypto Operations at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a Customer Support Analyst who specializes in Cryptocurrency, you’ll join a high functioning team of hardworking support professionals who know their performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. At Coinbase we have a high hiring bar, and we’re determined to build a productive, multifaceted, inclusive place to work. If you’re looking to work for a mission driven, employee first organization, please apply today
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Responsible for providing support for Coinbase customers by investigating, troubleshooting and resolving customer issues across multiple channels (email, social and/or chat).
- Lead, prioritize, and respond to Tier 2 issues, inquiries, and escalations.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to handle hi-priority queues and provide daily handovers to global operational teams.
- Connect with internal and external partners in an effective, tactical, and compassionate manner.
- Proactively drive impactful changes across workflows, policies and tools by working with internal support teams and vendor partners.
- Set a high bar for support analysts within the organization by setting an example through performance and work ethic.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Subject matter expertise and interest in the crypto ecosystem
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and crafting a detailed support experience for our global customer base.
- Ability to work in a defined shift, as required by the business. Weekend support may be required.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in financial services, crypto, technology, and/or customer support.
- Experience with different channels of support, including voice, e-mail, social and/or chat.
- Experience with technical writing and/or bug reporting & troubleshooting
- Strong investigative, problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills in order to operate globally across multiple departments and partners.
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with compliance, payments, fraud, account access, trust and safety, or other relevant operational domains.
- Sophisticated understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Experience working with and partnering with external outsource business partners.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.