Join VillageMD as a Supervisor, Patient Services - Referrals in Houston, TX
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Supervisor, Patient Services - Referrals to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Based in Houston, the Supervisor, Patient Services - Referrals will be responsible for working directly with management to achieve all call center performance and contractual compliance objectives. They will be responsible for driving employee engagement effort in collaboration with leadership within Shared Services.
How you can make a difference
- Supervise staff and ensure adherence to call center policies and procedures
- Ensure calls are handled efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Assist staff in resolving complaints or escalated calls
- Communicates information, including but not limited to appointment details to patients via telephone email, patient portal, or other available communication tools
- Monitor personnel performance and participating in employee performance reviews
- Responsible for staff scheduling to include employee training/re-training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignments, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations
- Work with call center manager to analyze call center volume and make recommendations to staffing levels in order to meet Grade of Service goals
- Uses HIN and other related systems to gather information needed to coordinate care and keep patients’ electronic health records up to date with the status of care that is being coordinated
- Communicate and coordinate with other supervisors to ensure call center performs as a cohesive unit and meets performance goals
- Complete necessary human resources paperwork
Skills for success
- Multi-tasking skills required to assist the customer and work in the computer systems in a timely and efficient manner
- Energetic; able to work with others in a fast-paced, team environment and to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Able to work constructively under stress and pressure and perform tasks efficiently
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to embrace workload flexibility to meet the fluctuating demands of the client
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution
- Models’ behaviors of respect, integrity, and trust.
- Demonstrated coaching and counseling skills used to effectively develop all employees; influence and change individual behavior and assist employees achieve a high level of success and productiveness
Experience to drive change
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience working in a call center with 3+ years being in a supervisory role
- 2+ years of patient Healthcare experience, preferred
- 2+ years at a team lead or direct leadership role in a Healthcare Call Center Environment, preferred
- Solid understanding of medical terminology
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including, empathy, patience, compassion, courtesy and attentiveness
- Task-oriented, strong organizational skills, ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled in basic computer operations, EMR applications and MS office products
- Ability to quickly navigate multiple systems and control a call
- Prefer direct experience with processing referrals and/or authorizations
- Strong leadership skills that include: Leading by example, ability to provide constructive feedback and the connection that enables you to quickly build trust with a team
- Positive attitude, good judgment, and strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and documentation
- Knowledge of telephone call center systems and workflow processing technologies
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.