Join VillageMD as a Supervisor, Clinical Quality Operations in Houston, TX or remote
Join the frontlines of today’s healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Supervisor, Quality Operations to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Integral to our central clinical quality team, the Supervisor, Clinical Quality Operations will be responsible for driving quality performance for the organization across all value-based care contracts. We are looking for a qualified team leader to manage our team and provide effective guidance to team of quality coordinators and/or quality specialists. The scope of work involves supervising, providing quality assurance, being accountable for production goals, and motivating team members daily. The position is an extension of our central team which is responsible for advancing best practices, consistency, and standard approaches to meet ongoing market needs. The role will partner closely with our providers, practices, quality leads, population health operations team, and local market teams to effectively deliver wrap around care for our patients.
How You Can Make A Difference
- Oversee day-to-day operation and drive team performance.
- Accountable for maintaining high team production and quality performance.
- Supervise call center queues and provide live monitoring feedback.
- Perform quality assurance audits monthly for all staff by reviewing internal documentation, EMR documentation, and reviewing recorded calls.
- Lead morning huddles and provide daily direction to team.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Set clear team goals and expectations and motivate employees.
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines including weekly distribution of workload to meet quality goals.
- Manage team schedules, sign off on timesheets, and approve time off requests to maintain adequate staff coverage to fulfill department goals.
- Provide feedback on quality and productivity during weekly one-on-ones for all staff under supervision.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking.
- Organize team building activities.
- Assist with hiring, staff development, coaching, performance reviews, corrective actions, and termination of employees.
- Assist with process improvement and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Maintain current knowledge of quality measure requirements.
- Actively participate as a member of the health care team to promote positive health outcomes for our patients and support our healthcare partners.
Skills For Success
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- An ability to focus on outcomes and team performance utilizing a high level of collaboration and sense of team-based work product and results.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to navigate within ambiguity and be solution oriented.
- Humility and ability to build trust.
- A high level of personal accountability and ability to work independently.
- Superior relationship and interpersonal skills with the ability to craft meaningful relationships.
- Bias for action with a solution-oriented approach.
- Ability to de-escalate and properly respond to patient concerns.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with multiple providers, clinic locations, and insurance plans.
Experience to Drive Change
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Medical Assistant Certification or Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred
- Prior experience leading a team preferred
- Call center experience preferred
- Prior experience using an Electronic Medical Record preferred
- Experience with Medicare Advantage plans, health plans, and/or medication adherence preferred
- Demonstrated success partnering with patients, physicians, and care teams to support patient wellness
- This role can be remote based in the United States with up to 15% travel required
- Residence in a major metropolitan area in one of VillageMD's current markets preferred