Supervisor AML Investigator at Discover (Phoenix, AZ)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading a team of fraud and anti-money laundering (AML) investigators. Provides guidance, coaching and mentorship to team members while monitoring production and quality goals and conducting performance evaluations. Responsible for queue management and monitoring regulatory deadlines. Reviews and approves risk decisions and assists Senior Management by completing special projects and assignments as needed. Maintains knowledge of fraud, AML and anti-terrorist financing matters through on-going education and training and serves as subject matter expert in fraud, AML and Suspicious Activity Reporting.
This role can be remote.Responsibilities
- Develops and manages a team of investigators who investigate activities indicative of fraud and money-laundering. Provides regular feedback, coaching, and guidance to various levels of staff.
- Monitors production and quality goals, conducts performance evaluations, and manages regulatory deadlines.
- Provides investigative guidance, direction, and strategy to a designated team of investigators. Reviews and approves risk decisions made by investigators.
- Responsible for queue management and monitoring production environment Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Assesses the investigations program and identifies and implements opportunities for increased effectiveness, efficiency, and risk mitigation.
- Maintains knowledge of fraud, AML and anti-terrorist financing matters through on-going education and training. Serves as subject matter expert in fraud, AML and Suspicious Activity Reporting.
- Assists Senior Management by completing special projects and assignments as needed.
- Monitors sensitive investigative matters that may require escalation and briefing to the Senior Manager.
- Interacts and communicates with various levels of management as well as with external partners, if necessary.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts and Sciences
- 4-6 years of experience in financial services, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in AML, Fraud, Legal, Regulatory Compliance, Financial Analysis, or related field
- Strong knowledge of fraud and AML as well as a thorough understanding of FinCEN guidance pertaining to SAR filing requirements.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in AML, Fraud, Legal, Regulatory Compliance, Financial Analysis, or related experience
- Prior management experience
- CAMS Certification, other Compliance, Fraud, Audit or related certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.