We believe there is a smarter, more data-driven way to make decisions in healthcare. We spend our time enabling healthcare professionals and now we’re looking for someone to help enable one of our most critical assets – Our Sales Team.
Join us as our new Subject Matter Expert, North Italy
Combining deep expertise in life sciences and mathematical modeling, we bring to market data analytics solutions to support healthcare professionals in better diagnosing and treating patients. Our mission is to provide equal access to knowledge and capabilities by democratizing data-driven medicine. We are unlocking data silos and leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) to draw insights from complex data sets to improve diagnosis, treatment, analysis, and drug development.
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) acts as a consultant to advice laboratories on best practices in using NGS for diagnostic. The role requires a combination of pre- and post-sales technical support, dry and wet lab training, and troubleshooting to move clients quickly and efficiently to routine usage of genomic tests.
You hold a generalist role in client support and require excellent process, project management and stake holder management capabilities. You coordinate your activities with the SME Manager to increase the impact of your presence in the field according to predefined priorities in terms of targeted institutions.
You will support the whole sales process by regularly meeting with prospects and clients with the Sales Representatives when greater technical depth is required. You also defines strategies for the success of evaluation programs and installations and set up programs in order to bring quickly and efficiently clients into routine.
You hold a critical role within SOPHiA GENETICS sales department and forms a crucial link between the market and our R&D team to communicate all relevant inputs from the field to continuously grow our solution portfolio.
The primary goals are to ensure customer success and satisfaction to drive revenues and sustain customer retention and loyalty.
The SME position requires you to intensely travel to customer sites across Italy (50% to 60% of working time): a large part of these travels will be in North Italy, occasionally to SOPHiA offices (for trainings and internal meetings).
- Act as a trusted technical expert and consult in product support to the customers and sales team.
- Support of existing strong client base in North Italy.
- Support sales in the achievement of the regional sales target by providing pre- and post-sales related customer support activities assuring growth potential within North Italy.
- Conduct on-site or remote customer trainings and demos on SOPHiA GENETICS solutions.
- Ensure customer success efficiently driving Set Up Programs on genomic solutions.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and complaints in close collaboration with the customer services and support team.
- Mentor and train other members of the sales team.
- Deliver presentations for pre-sales or workshops.
- Provides strategic and competitive feedback to R&D and product development teams.
- Attend congresses and exhibitions as requested by the Regional SME manager
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences within a well-regarded institution; PhD will be an advantage,
- Profound experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS),
- Strong technical background in genetics/genomics, sequencing applications,
- Understanding of variant analysis and interpretation workflows is an asset,
- Previous experience with NGS automation equipment is an asset,
- 2 years experiences as Field Application Specialist or as Product Specialist preferably in the clinical diagnostics, biotechnology or medical technology market is an asset,
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in communicating complex scientific principles in simple terms,
- Demonstrated attitude to work in team and to strive for excellence,
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service,
- Fluent in Italian & English mandatory
You will be joining an organization with the patient at the heart of every decision and action, driven by purpose as we drive exponential growth. It comes with following perks and benefits :
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- International and multicultural environment
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- Health Insurance
- All the accessories you need: MacBook Pro, Keyboard, Monitor, Noise-cancelling headphones
- Onboarding program and Welcome kit for new joiners, Sales meetings & Trainings
Starting date: ASAP (or as agreed)
Location: Home office based (North Italy, Milan or Bologna)
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV in English and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews.