Strategy & Operations Manager at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
If you’re insanely curious, thrive under pressure, and excited to showcase your abilities to the founders and senior leadership of a rapidly scaling technology business, this could be a great fit for you.
Fivetran is looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager to help us scale and make better strategic decisions. As a member of the Strategy team, you will work independently with teams and functional leaders in all areas of the business to identify and solve our most pressing strategic and operational challenges. The Strategy & Operations Manager will work closely with Analytics, and Finance teams to conduct analysis to identify inefficiencies, build and improve processes to enable the business to scale, and develop and maintain metrics and reporting to drive business decisions. They will also support our strategic planning process by helping business leaders prepare for quarterly and annual business reviews, conduct external research to establish key operational benchmarks, and work closely with our leadership team to identify new business and market opportunities. Managers are expected to orchestrate work with department teams and drive business decisions with executive leadership.
Fivetran is a place where your thoughts, ideas, and vision are welcomed and executed upon. The right person will be able to take the reins and operate independently from the start with minimal oversight and support. As a key member of the Strategy & Operations team, they will play a key role in developing and mentoring more junior team members. While this person would not yet manage a team of their own, we anticipate growing the department and for our Strategy & Operations Manager to potentially lead a team in the future.As a Strategy & Operations Manager at Fivetran, you will:
- Work cross functionally with leadership to identify inefficiencies in our processes and operations
- Structure ambiguous problems and partner with leadership to find workable solutions to those problems
- Develop analytical models to ensure data-driven decision making
- Conduct internal and external research on best practices
- Be a thought partner and counselor to leaders across the business
- 4-6 years of experience in consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or corporate strategy
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. ability to build models in Excel)
- A sense of adventure and passion for solving really hard problems from a first-principles approach
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to present to senior leadership in both written and verbal formats
- Comfortable managing teams and projects without formal authority
- Knowledge of key metrics and business performance improvement processes
- Experience conducting external research to identify market size and investment opportunities
- Tech industry experience
- Passionate about data
- Familiarity with Sigma, BigQuery, and Looker and SQL
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.