Strategy & Operations Manager (Marketplace) at Swyft Technologies Inc.
If you had the option for same-day delivery versus standard shipping when checking out on your favorite eCommerce site, wouldn’t you take it?
Assuming the answer is a resounding yes, you’re not the only one — today people expect to receive their parcels no later than the day after they order, and 46% of respondents abandoned shopping carts online as a result of shipping times taking too long.
Swyft is a software-enabled B2B marketplace that enables any sized merchant, brand or retailer with same and next-day delivery at rates comparable to 2+ day delivery. Our mission is to create magical delivery experiences for shoppers & help merchants grow sales with the most scalable and flexible same/next-day delivery service.
We aren’t just a shipping and logistics company, we are building the data and framework layer for how a trillion parcels will move within hundreds of cities. Swyft is air traffic control for parcels routed from your favourite store to your door, and you can help us realize this vision. Founded in April 2020, we are an experienced team having led technical, sales, product teams at: Amazon, Shopify, Hubba, and Lyft. We’ve raised over $20M and are backed by the world’s best investors including Inovia Capital, Forerunner Ventures, Golden Ventures, Trucks VC and Shopify.
As a Marketplace Specialist you will be reporting directly to the Head of Marketplace and responsible for analyzing data, developing insights, and making recommendations on how we profitably grow and manage our markets while making bold bets on the supply side of our marketplace. You will also be working cross-functionally with a leadership team with expertise in last-mile logistics, fulfillment, eCommerce and ridesharing from companies such as Amazon, Shopify, Hubba and Lyft.
As a Marketplace Strategy Manager you will be reporting directly to the Head of Marketplace and responsible for analyzing data, developing insights, and making recommendations on how we profitably grow and manage our markets while making bold bets on the supply side of our marketplace. You will also be working cross-functionally with a leadership team with expertise in last-mile logistics, fulfillment, eCommerce and ridesharing from companies such as Amazon, Shopify, Hubba and Lyft.
- Building: Envision processes and tools that enable robust marketplace dynamics to create accountability to OKRs, champion those tools to influence cross-functional peers, and to execute implementation and adoption throughout the company
- Growing: Pioneer the thinking and framework for how Swyft unlocks supply and network effects enabling expansion into its next 50 markets
- Strategizing: Implement sourcing strategies by combining a deep understanding of industry dynamics and DSP capabilities/needs, and translate that strategy into tactical & actionable engagements that deliver the best total value to Swyft
- Planning: Support both short and long-term strategic planning for regions by leveraging marketplace health diagnostics to make informed recommendations that can be synthesized into models, presentations and bold bets that you will build and pitch.
- 4-6 years experience in an analytics management/strategy role or equivalent
- B.S. in economics, applied math, statistics, engineering or other quantitative fields required
- Comfortable working with very large data sets
- Extensive SQL experience or equivalent
- Experience with data visualization and BI tools like Tableau
- Strong executive presence and communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Track record of thriving in a fast-paced startup environment or equivalent
Benefits And Perks
- Above market salary and equity
- Opportunity for rapid promotions and growth
- Annual company off-site (pending COVID restrictions)
- Centrally located offices in downtown Toronto and Santa Monica (Los Angeles)
- Complete workspace setup (in-office or WFH): your choice of hardware (Mac or PC), chair, and tools
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits: we offer competitive health benefits for you and your dependents
- A team invested in your professional development (monthly trainings, education allowance and more)
- Casual, fun, and creative atmosphere: our office is stocked with healthy snacks and amenities to keep you fueled throughout the day