Strategy & Operations Associate at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
If you’re insanely curious, thrive under pressure, and excited to showcase your abilities to the founders and senior leadership of a rapidly scaling technology business, this could be a great fit for you.
Fivetran is looking for a Strategy & Operations Associate to help us scale and make better strategic decisions. As a member of the Strategy & Operations team, you will work with functional leaders to identify and solve our most pressing strategic and operational challenges. This role specifically will begin by working with leaders in Recruiting, People Ops, Finance, and Legal teams, but may work with other departments over time. The Strategy & Operations Associate will conduct analysis to identify inefficiencies, build and improve processes to enable the business to scale, and drive projects by developing problem statements, building work plans, structuring/performing data analyses, and refining insights. They will also support our strategic planning process by helping business leaders prepare for quarterly and annual business reviews, conduct external research to establish key operational benchmarks, and work closely with our leadership team to identify new business and market opportunities.
Fivetran is a place where your thoughts, ideas, and vision are welcomed and executed upon. You will be supported at the onset of the role, but the right person will be able to take the reins and operate independently.As a Strategy & Operations Associate at Fivetran, you will:
- Work cross functionally with leadership to identify inefficiencies in our processes and operations
- Structure ambiguous problems and partner with leadership to find workable solutions to those problems
- Develop analytical models to ensure data-driven decision making
- Conduct internal and external research on best practices
- Be a thought partner and counselor to leaders across the business
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. ability to build models in Excel)
- A sense of adventure and passion for solving really hard problems from a first-principles approach
- Collaborative and humble mindset
- Ability to present to senior leadership in both written and verbal formats
- 2-3 years of experience in analytical heavy roles, including but not limited to: consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital or startup leadership (e.g. former founder)
- At least 1 year operating experience at a high-growth SaaS company
- Passionate about data
- Familiarity with Sigma, BigQuery, and Looker
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.