Strategy Director at ATTN (Remote)
Who We Are:
ATTN: is a media company that breaks down important societal topics and conversations into digestible, entertaining videos and series across all platforms. We are leaders when it comes to reaching people who want context on the issues and conversations that matter to them.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an ambitious, passionate and creative Strategy Director to join our rapidly growing Strategy team.
The Strategy Director serves as a strategic leader across multiple projects and acts as a mentor and team leader to all direct reports. Responsible for developing and leading creative briefs, the Strategy Director must possess a deep understanding of clients’ key challenges and work closely with internal teams and external partners to recommend insights and opportunities.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for purpose, emerging platforms, new technology, social content, pop culture, and the demonstrated ability to analyze data and interpret insights to create a compelling story. Serving as strategic lead on assigned accounts across the agency, you will use both qualitative and quantitative research to answer questions, prove or disprove hypotheses, and turn insights into actionable campaign strategies.
This is a contract role until the end of June 2022, with potential to extend.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for client business strategy, understanding their business, and identifying long-term client needs and growth opportunities outside of a brief
- Conduct primary and secondary research with the intent understanding audiences & defining brand purpose, values, strategy, and messaging primarily for the US plus some global markets
- Identify human truths and insights that guide strategy and creative
- Lead client key stakeholder interviews; develop and run client workshops
- Define brand’s value proposition, as well as culture and competitive whitespace opportunities
- Develop strategic narratives to inspire audiences and culture-led ideas that meet brand objectives
- Take ownership of the quality of the creative brief and briefing process
- Formulate recommendations regarding the client's broader business strategy
- Partner closely with counterparts in Creative to ensure ideas are designed to solve a specific business problem
- Ensure the work is achieving our clients’ broader business and marketing goals
- Manage projects that span multiple departments; identify the right priorities for the strategy team and inspire them by being graceful under pressure
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of traditional creative agency experience with consultancy level strategic skills that span across brand, communications, and media
- Able to manage several accounts at once
- Able to develop creative ideas with a team of multi-disciplinary team members
- Have a proven track record of leading strategy on new business pitches
- Experienced working in traditional and new media spaces
- Experienced with mentoring and managing talent
- Possess a wealth of understanding in qualitative and quantitative research and possess an insatiable curiosity to find the story in both
- Have a strong understanding of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Able to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and smallest details
- Possess strong organizational, presentation, and project management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Unmatched interpersonal skills, with the ability to rally the team and remain cool under pressure
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ATTN: is committed to building and fostering a workplace of diversity and employee inclusion. ATTN: does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.