Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
The Wing Product & Business Strategy team is looking to hire a Strategy Associate. You will work closely with product management, engineering, and other cross-functional team members (e.g. Partnerships, Marketing, Finance) to develop complex business-level and product strategies (e.g., multi-year business plan, specific product strategies, Growth Strategy, GTM strategy), drive ad hoc strategic projects & playbooks (e.g., partner models, M&A business cases, etc.), incubate new initiatives, provide analytics support (e.g. define key business metrics, perform in-depth analysis to answer important questions on product trends/business performance), and facilitate running the business (e.g. orchestrate business reviews).
What You’ll Do:
- Support cross-functional teams in complex, multi-disciplinary strategic initiatives - manage project schedules & deliverables, structure & execute in-depth analysis, identify risks early, and effectively communicate findings to stakeholders & senior leads
- Support leadership & product management team with product strategy with market & strategic analyses (e.g. market sizing, buy/build/partner assessment, competitive intel)
- Develop Wing’s revenue & pricing strategy to ensure long term viability, which includes deal structuring, business case development, financial model/projections, and more
- Define and track key product/business metrics/KPIs, lead monthly and quarterly business reviews and support annual planning
- Work with cross-functional teams (e.g., marketing, partnerships) to support product-, vertical-, and geo-specific GTM strategies
- Develop short, medium, and long term strategies for Wing’s growth & expansion (e.g., M&A, international expansion, etc.)
- Proactively and regularly analyze key metrics, identifying initial insights and undertaking in-depth follow-up analysis
- Provide insightful, data-driven strategic recommendations to leadership, based on insights, analysis, experience, technical acumen and strong business judgment
- Develop Wing Strategy’s intelligence & database with foundational research & deep-dives into industry, competitive, partner, and consumer developments & trends
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in a top-tier Management Consulting, Corporate Development, Product Management and/or Investment Banking/Venture Capital firm
- Master at analyzing & problem solving complex initiatives
- Strong data-modeling and reporting skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Corporate Development, Product Management or Investment Banking/Venture Capital
- High-growth or early-stage start-up experience
- Program management experience in small- or large-scale strategic programs
- High degree of autonomy (lead complex projects end to end, perform analyses, and express recommendations), with little direction
- Impeccable business judgment / acumen
- Strong experience writing SQL queries, pulling data from relational databases, creating databases, and working with other statistical analysis and data mining software a plus
- Experience within the last mile delivery space and/or aerospace industry a plus
For Colorado Only: Salary range of $84,000 - $90,000 + bonus + Wing equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.