Strategic Sourcing Manager at Careerlink (Omaha, NE)
| Omaha, NE
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, July 2, 2022
- Purpose of Job
- The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for managing the Strategic Sourcing department, cultivating relationships supporting the clinically integrated supply chain within NMHS, and ensuring that the negotiation of all non-labor contracts provide the most favorable business and legal terms possible for the health system. The Strategic Sourcing Manager is expected to be a working manager, potentially collaborating with all areas of the health system, as well as supporting the Value Analysis Teams' (VATs) Annual Savings Goals which directly impact revenue and growth of NMHS under the leadership of the Director of Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, Value Analysis and Analytics.
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required, in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Information Technology or Statistics.
- Master's Degree preferred, in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Information Technology or Statistics.
- Minimum of four (4) years previous experience in Lean Six Sigma, Management of a P&L, Sourcing, Project Management, and/or program leadership, to include contract negotiation experience required.
- Additional experience in purchasing, distribution, data management, and analytics preferred.
- Valid and current driver's license required.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, healthcare legal issues/contracts and federal and state regulations regarding billing, HIPAA and licensing.
- Advanced skills in collecting, interpreting, communicating, and presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skill and the ability to understand human dynamics, building off the strengths of all team members.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Skilled in reviewing, interpreting, discussing, and presenting business terms.
- Skilled in negotiating legal terms with suppliers and communicating in a timely and professional manner.
- Strong understanding of processes related to capital, sourcing, analysis and contracts
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to manage work schedule, priorities, and resources.
- Skilled in understanding and/or utilizing contract management databases and third-party software services to efficiently execute, store, and maintain large volumes of contracts.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to internalize NMHS corporate policies and procedures and effectively disseminate across team members and departments.
- Ability to process and manage confidential information with discretion and according to HIPAA protocols.
- Must possess business awareness and numerical ability.
- Able to work in a collaborative and cooperative environment and build trusting relationships with direct reports, teammates, physicians, and clinical leadership.
- Knowledge of Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), services, and health care supplier capabilities
- Essential Job Functions
- Manages and prioritizes the attainment of strategic goals of the Strategic Sourcing Specialists and the Supply Chain department by supporting the implementation of variation reduction and savings initiatives to ensure that data driven value based decisions are made, implemented, communicated, and sustained.
- Provides a strong understanding to the Strategic Sourcing Specialists around all categories of capital, supply and purchase services spend processes, decisions, and ramifications.
- Supervises and acts as a resource to all Strategic Sourcing Specialists and as an ambassador to health system physicians, administration, and clinical department leadership, building and sustaining relationships, in collaboration with and in the absence of the Director of Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, Value Analysis and Analytics.
- Is a role model for negotiating business terms and conditions, providing leadership and creativity in all forms of negotiation for all capital, supply and purchase services contracts the Value Analysis Department and Strategic Sourcing are accountable.
- Understands the culture of NMHS and demonstrates an ability to quickly maneuver organizational opportunities and challenges on a regular basis.
- Actively holds Strategic Sourcing Specialists and physician and clinical leadership accountable while being approachable in every way.
- Assists Strategic Sourcing Specialists, Value Analysis Clinical Resources, Value Analysis Steering Committee (VASC) and VAT Chairs in managing agendas, meetings, assignments, analyses, presentations, and measurements to ensure that meetings are organized and efficient and that the Value Analysis process is followed.
- Develops request for proposal/information/quotes (RFP/I/Q) and performs cost/benefit analyses associated with RFP/I/Q responses by working with stakeholders to develop specifications and conducting market research to identify potential suppliers to ensure the creation of a competitive environment.
- Supports the implementation and conversion of supply contracts associated with VAT decisions by verifying stakeholders, the effect on existing inventories, and the impact on existing contracts and suppliers to ensure all transitions are timely and complete.
- Assists in idea generation, validation, and benchmarking by collecting data and doing market research to facilitate the review of all viable alternatives to support team decisions.
- Provides guidance and training to VASC and VATs regarding Value Analysis and other supply chain matters by sharing timely and pertinent information to ensure that Value Analysis processes are followed.
- Analyzes data with standard statistical/financial methods, interpreting the results, and providing written summary of data analysis to assist VAT Team Leaders and Chairs in presenting data to the Teams to facilitate the decision making process.
- Participates in and/or coordinates supplier meetings, develops negotiation strategies, and supports negotiation and/or negotiates with suppliers by identifying the appropriate participants, collecting data, and defining internal roles to ensure optimal results. Has the ability to delegate as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and financial information in all dealings with suppliers and other non-hospital entities to ensure that all Health System and legal privacy requirements are sustained.
- Attends internal and external meetings to ensure oversight and compliance of contracts within the Health System when requested. Travels between facilities and external organizations, as necessary, to discuss, negotiate, and evaluate purchase agreements/contracts, meet with end users and vendors, and conduct/participate in value analysis related meetings.
- Single source of contact for Construction and Strategic Capital projects that can hold all teams accountable for processes and procedures.
- Engages regularly with Information Security and Clinical Biomedical Engineering to ensure all medical device specifics are communicated and processes are in places for preventative maintenance prior to purchase.
More Information on Careerlink
Careerlink operates in the HR Tech industry. The company is located in Omaha, NE. Careerlink was founded in 1992. It has 16 total employees. To see all 430 open jobs at Careerlink, click here.
Read Full Job Description