Strategic Sourcing Manager - ODM/JDM at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
We are seeking a JDM (ODM) Sourcing Manager for Hardware who has experience in working with ODMs to launch Hi-tech & consumer products. Reporting to the Leader of JDM Sourcing, you will work cross-functionally with JDM (ODM), Hardware Engineering, Legal, Quality, and many others to ensure successful product launches and program initiatives with our partners.
- Develop JDM (ODM) strategy roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
- Manage ongoing business relationships and facilitate open communication between JDM partners & Meraki team
- Manage Meraki cross-functional relationships to support new product development builds
- Collaborate with hardware, software, and product management teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Conduct supplier business reviews to assess supplier capabilities in areas of technology, supply chain, and quality.
- Drive initiatives including cost reductions, favorable contract & payment terms, and lead time reductions.
- Work on JDM (ODM) critical projects that come around and program manage them to completion by partnering with internal Meraki collaborators and JDM leadership
- Provide Analyses to support key JDM (ODM) decisions
- Strategic - use data and cross-functional input drive to prioritization and resource allocation.
- Collaborative - equally invested in the success of team members. You facilitate, invite and act on different points of view.
- Analytical - use data to make decisions and measure efficiency.
- Communicator - communicate effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Organized - build and implement processes and be persistent in enforcing them.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Operations, or Engineering.
- 3+ years of ODM/Contract Manufacturer management experience in consumer electronics or semiconductor industry with knowledge of manufacturing preferred.
- Experience working with Asian supply chains
- Ability to travel up to 20% as needed.
- Excellent problem solving and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on the region.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.