Webflow is the leading no-code visual development platform for teams of all sizes to design, build and launch powerful websites and web experiences without coding. Our mission is to enable everyone to create for the web, ultimately democratizing web development.
We are looking for a Strategic Events Lead that will be responsible for conceptualizing, planning, and bringing Webflow’s strategic events to life. This person will take the lead in the development and end-to-end execution of our flagship annual customer conference, as well as identify new channels to extend the reach of our brand through sponsored events, thought leadership opportunities, and third-party events, both virtually and in-person. This is an incredible opportunity to build out a core function at Webflow and engage directly with our passionate community, our customers, and our partners.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Marketing, you will work with stakeholders across marketing and cross-functional teams ranging from executive leadership to sales, community, and product teams, as well as external agencies and vendors. You'll work with our internal teams, industry organizations, and vendors to define unique and thoughtful event experiences that create measurable impact to the business.About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Strategic Events Lead you’ll …
- Be responsible for event conceptualization, strategy, project management of complex workflows, defining success measures, and providing updates to the business as we scale our strategic events portfolio.
- Design unique and impactful multi-segment events and experiences that extend the reach of the Webflow brand and reach our key audiences.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Webflow brand and our core audiences; partner with our brand and creative teams to deliver high-quality, consistent events that reflect our brand beliefs and identity.
- Lead, influence, and work across teams internally, including a broad range of peers and executives. Provide status updates for various audiences - including executive stakeholders, management, and peers.
- Create and drive best practices, operational processes, and playbooks for strategic events, and continuously iterate to create repeatable programs that scale.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to ensure that the team is leveraging the latest technologies, resources, and tactics to surprise and delight event attendees.
- Manage external relationships (agencies and vendors) and work closely with cross-functional internal teams.
- Propose and manage event budgets, vendor invoices, contracts, and SOWs.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.About you
You’ll thrive as a Strategic Events Lead if you:
- Have 8+ years of experience in event marketing, trade show and conference management.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a lead role on a user conference or a flagship proprietary event.
- Are comfortable managing a diverse event portfolio and have a proven track record in designing large-scale and complex events for fast-growth companies.
- Are customer-obsessed and service-focused, with the ability to proactively address internal and external clients’ needs.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter, with excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Are passionate about creating high-impact, unique experiences to engage both new and existing customers.
- Thrive in your ability to execute at both strategic and tactical levels and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Experience with GoogleSuite, Slack, Salesforce and other best-in-class events technology to build the tech stack needed to run events effectively
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable. At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated. We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.