The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
We’ve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. There’s plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
The EDB Strategic Engagement Leader will be responsible for developing, executing, and managing engagement strategies and framework for strategic enterprise customers and engagements. The Strategic Engagement Leader will manage matrixed and cross-functional project teams including Consultants, Project Managers, Architects, offshore resources and Key Business Partners to deliver successful engagement, build executive level relationships within enterprise customers, and exceed customer expectations. A successful Strategic Engagement Leader will provide quality customer advisory services, ensure contract terms and conditions are met throughout an engagement, and act as an escalation point to quickly resolve customer challenges and issues. This role is responsible for the coordination and management of enterprise engagements from presales to delivery, while also managing multiple internal stakeholders (e.g., Account Executives, Sales Managers, CIO, Sales Engineering and Customer Success team).
The Strategic Engagement Leader will:
- Coordinate and lead the engagement scoping of enterprise solutions, which may include leading customer meetings and calls, preparing professional services proposals, collaborating internally to pull together the needed expertise and support for enterprise customers requirements, and understanding customer’s goals and engagement requirements.
- Create and manage Statement of Works (SOW) with multiple EDB teams including Sales, CTO, Legal, Finance and Partner executive teams. This includes drafting SOWs, contract management and negotiations with the customer (i.e., contract changes, pricing, terms and conditions, service definitions, SLAs) and executing the closing steps for the SOW.
- Develop a standard enterprise delivery methodology and establish standardized, repeatable approaches and processes for EDB enterprise solutions.
- Manage the development and/or implementation of EDB Services Engagements by planning, executing, and controlling all phases of the Engagement leveraging industry standard project management tools and methods.
- Contribute to or develop business plans and play an instrumental role in executing services sales strategies with the EDB Sales team.
- Lead engagements from inception to completion (or transition), including executive level communication planning, proactive risk mitigation and remediation, customer expectation management, scope management and change control, tracking and evaluation of project performance ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics as outlined in the SOW.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams, focused on ensuring timely delivery and customer success.
- Establish monthly/quarterly business reviews with our Enterprise Customers to set objectives, review progress at the executive level, and manage customer expectations to grow engagement and relationship with the Customer.
- Coach and oversee the performance of EDB project managers on engagements to ensure consistency in engagement management practices and optimal delivery performance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in project/program/engagement management leveraging formal PMI/PMP project management tools and methods
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills paired with the ability to manage multiple enterprise engagements and customers
- Excellent decision-making skills in fast paced and complex scenarios
- Experience with managing matrixed teams across departments and across geographies
- Expert with implementing and coaching project managers on project management industry standards and practices
- Excellent stakeholder management with internal teams, and external stakeholders
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Unparalleled detail-orientation and follow-through
- Deep expertise with MS project, MS office, & Google suite
- PMI or PMP Certification highly preferred
- Postgres and/or database technical understanding and skills is a plus
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. We’d love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our company’s integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request