Strategic Alliance Manager (Microsoft Partnership) at Abnormal Security (Remote)
Abnormal Security is looking for a Strategic Alliance Manager (SAM) to lead the Microsoft partnership efforts in North America.
The Strategic Alliance Manager is part of the strategic alliances team assigned to Microsoft. This position will be responsible for providing leadership, management and strategy for the sell with/GTM engagement and all join cosell activities with Microsoft. The SAM will have a myriad of responsibilities to ensure leverage and consistent engagement with Microsoft to drive customer engagements, qualified pipeline and bookings that meet and exceed quota and expectations. The role is regarded highly strategic to the company and its growth.
The SAM will be part of the growing alliance team that coordinates Abnormal sales activities and will be a central conduit for engagement management between the Abnormal sales organization and Microsoft. The SAM will report to the VP of Strategic Alliances but will have several dotted line coordination requirements for consistent communication and engagement with marketing, channels and inside sales. This position will be knowledge expert on all aspects of Microsoft and will be asked to present at QBRs, executive meetings, training and events.
It is expected that the SAM has consistent interaction and engagement with MSFT and Abnormal sales teams, channel partners and marketing in support of the cosell activities with Microsoft. The SAM will demonstrate a deep understanding of Microsoft GTM strategies including but not limited to co-selling, strategic planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns and programs, strategic events and funnel management.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate and manage co-selling opportunities, account mapping and other sales engagements between MSFT and Abnormal sales teams
- Track all opportunities, pipeline and bookings to provide forecasts and funnel management reports
- Assist with providing content for MSFT sales enablement and Abnormal training curriculum
- Develop the annual and quarterly plan & performance goals and provide support and coordination for activity with Microsoft
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post sales issues for any activity with the partner
- Identify potential alignment points with local/national channel partners
- Help provide insight in the support of email security events and attend/participate in the events
Experience you’ll need:
- 5+ years of alliance engagement, experience in a cosell environment with MSFT is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker who is able to get to work quickly and execute independently.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening skills, and ability to get things done in a collaborative team environment
- Technical knowledge in email security is desired, but not a must
- A passion for Abnormal's mission and the success of our customers, partners, and community
More About Abnormal Security:
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks. Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t -- advanced attacks that have never been seen before -- and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco,CA, New York, NY and Lehi, UT.
Our company is growing - we’re on the Forbes AI 50, selected as a Gartner 2020 Cool Vendor, and our customer base includes multiple Fortune 500 companies.
Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.