Staff Technical Lead, Security Risk Management (L4) at Twilio (Remote)
Join the team as our next Staff Technical Lead, Security Risk Management (L4)Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
We are seeking a Staff Technical Lead, Security Risk Managementwith a track record of developing strong relationships, collaborating across teams, coordinating multiple timelines, and managing complex, cross discipline projects. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and monitoring of the risk management program.
You will be responsible for ensuring technology and business key stakeholders are appropriately engaged to ensure the success of the risk management program. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge, understanding of industry best practice, frameworks and regulations, and a demonstrated background in information security risk management.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Evangelize operational security risk programs across Twilio conducting presentations and workshop sessions on operational security, risk identification, and mitigation strategies.
- Continuously improve wiki pages, policies, standards, procedures and runbooks related to Security Risk
- Build a strong, collaborative partnership with Security, Infrastructure, Legal, Internal Audit and IT teams
- Maintain a dynamic operational risk management program
- Maintain a comprehensive risk management program, to include proactive backlog and scheduling management
- Participate in enterprise risk management activities and ensure cohesion between programs
- Coordinate and collaborate with other risk management functions and partners.
- Prepare and deliver meaningful operational security risk metrics to Security Assurance leadership
- Identify and implement automation of manual processes to streamline operational risk identification and management
- Continually monitor the business to find potential new threats and redesign security risk processes accordingly
- Mentor a diverse, global, and high-performance team by creating appropriate learning opportunities and timely feedback.
- Define ambitious, measurable goals, objectives, and identify metrics and solutions that show impact and progress over time
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor to stakeholders working closely with cross-functional teams.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security Risk Management.
- 3+ years in cross-functional management roles. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills of teams across multiple geo-locations
- Proven track record in building and leading a high-performing team of risk analysts in a tech company.
- Demonstrated expertise of building a consensus across business partners and technology leaders, and influencing successful outcomes.
- Proven track record of being results oriented with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations successfully, and manage and resolve conflict.
- Working knowledge of common information security management frameworks, regulatory requirements and applicable standards such as: NIST, ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, PCI, SOX, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build adaptable, flexible processes and frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Security, Information Systems, or equivalent field required
- Detailed knowledge of common risk management standards and models such as: ISO 31000, NIST 800-39, FAIR, ISACA Risk IT, OCTAVE
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,000-$220,000
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]