Staff Strategic Sourcing at Illumina (San Diego, CA)
What if the work you did every day could impact the lives of people you know? Or all of humanity?
At Illumina, we are expanding access to genomic technology to realize health equity for billions of people around the world. Our efforts enable life-changing discoveries that are transforming human health through the early detection and diagnosis of diseases and new treatment options for patients.
Working at Illumina means being part of something bigger than yourself. Every person, in every role, has the opportunity to make a difference. Surrounded by extraordinary people, inspiring leaders, and world-changing projects, you will do more and become more than you ever thought possible.
This position within Indirect Strategic Sourcing will be supporting Indirect Professional Services with a focus on Marketing and Consulting. Adhering to the Procurement policy and best practices, this position will align closely with internal stakeholders to throughout all aspects of the procurement life cycle. Responsibilities include building relationships with key executives throughout the organization, managing supplier relationships, recommending best-in-class solutions, facilitating process improvements, bringing stakeholders across the segments together for collaboration, leading the deal negotiations and leveraging opportunities. This position is key in helping illumina achieve tangible cost savings through innovative sourcing, vendor management and category strategies.
- Marketing disciplines such as creative, digital, social, market research, PR, meetings/events, short form production, technology & innovation.
- Creative and production agencies, specialty agencies / houses (AR/ VR, experiential, etc.)
- Consulting, Freelancers, Contractors and / or SOW based engagements requiring IC Compliance / review.
- Developing category plans and identifying optimal buying channels under assigned categories (vendor consolidation, catalog opportunities etc.) and partnering with stakeholders to lead execution.
- Analyzing spend and recognizing opportunities for cost savings.
- Developing and implementing key supplier measurements including KPIs and QBRs.
- Ability in communicating value across levels and making recommendations to avoid and /or resolve project specific issues, meet timelines, and execute procurement related requirements.
- Experience working with stakeholders from various departments to ensure timely, transparent, and professional negotiations (Legal, Finance, Quality, etc.).
- Providing day to day guidance to and overseeing work of junior employees, contractors/temp employees as needed.
- Ability to manage and execute the full procurement life cycle.
- Must be able to travel as needed up to 20% and work part-time remote. This is a Hub & Hybrid position, required to be on-site 2-3 days per week.
- Requires a bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience or masters with 6.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience in a strategic sourcing or procurement role handling contracts over $250K and spend over $10mm. Oversight of spend category of $25M-$50M
- Must have 5-8 years demonstrated experience in procurement-related activities and related fields (Marketing, Advertising, Meetings, Events, Consulting etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in cost reduction and contract negotiations for complex contracts for indirect categories.
- Experience working in ERP systems (SAP/ Ariba is ideal).
- Ideal experience includes work in regulated industries like Life Sciences, pharma, agencies, etc.
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships and influence others at all levels within the organization.
- Exceptional business, financial and negotiating skills are required along with knowledge of quality systems, lean manufacturing processes and project management knowledge.
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Illumina may require proof of COVID vaccination in accordance with local statutory requirements (subject to limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf