Sr Technical Support Engineer, SaaS, US Gov't Support at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will work firsthand with our valued customers to address their complex post-sales concerns where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of many factors. You’re a critical thinker in understanding the methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. You’ll enjoy networking with key contacts outside your own area of expertise, with a strong capability of detailing difficult technical issues to both non-technical and technical professionals.
You will provide post sales technical support to Palo Alto Networks End User Customers via phone, e-mail and web. You will utilize your fault isolation and root cause analysis skills to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. You’ll regularly update support cases to record progress of calls in the call tracking system and document technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base.
Work with US Government customers to provide Technical Support of complex SaaS architectures and network issues.
Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
Manage support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups are completed in a timely manner
Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base
Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
Travel to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution as required
Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as-needed basis
- U.S. Citizenship status is required.
- Deep technical knowledge and technical support with a strong customer focus or related experience
- Willing to work flexible and varying shift times including weekends and evenings
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form to all levels and stakeholders - internally and externally on complex technical issues.
- Possess working knowledge of Palo Alto Networks products and technology
- Shown ability to independently debug broad, complex, and rare networks with mixed media and protocols required.
- Ability to work well is a diverse team environment
- Experience with DLP, Data Patterns and data governance
- Experience with Linux and Unix systems
- Required experience with Cloud Security
- Required experience with AWS, Azure, and/or GCP
- Knowledge of CASB service is a big plus.
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.