Sr. Systems Engineer at Alliant Credit Union
What will your day look like?
You will serve as the lead for the Windows Server team. Work involves designing and planning all Windows Server projects while also providing high level technical support. Resources to do the job require understanding of Windows platforms and current technology. This person is an expert relating to Windows Servers, Activate Directory, VMWare, Cisco UCS, Backup systems, DNS, SAN Technologies, and Hyper Converged Systems. General direction is received from the Sr. Manager, Infrastructure.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Provide engineering consulting and recommendations for all new IT systems to ensure the interoperability and adherence to Alliant’s technology standards and policies of all systems
- Serve as lead architect for group projects as well as internal IT and business driven initiatives
- Build, develop, and manage the Windows Systems and Virtual Environment, including organizing the development of Operating System technical support, operational software, and server hardware platform capabilities
- Define and monitor multiple project priorities and provide technical and administrative supervision; ensure appropriate management is apprised of operational status of projects
- Provide appropriate hardware/software resources for business applications; perform capacity planning, workload modeling/prediction, and purchasing recommendations for new hardware/software upgrades; provide business applications enough resources for their short-term and long-term growth
- Document all projects deployed and ensure cross-training to team members is completed
- Serve as local expert on Active Directory and manage additions, changes or deletions to the tree structure and group policies as necessitated by the business environment
- Ensure environment is updated with current, stable versions of software products; maintain currency with operating system and support software; plan and implement major software upgrades; ensures change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed
- Provide a current, well-managed operating environment for production processing and application development
- Troubleshoots and successfully diagnoses server hardware or software problems of all levels of complexity
- Assist Systems Engineers with Troubleshoots 3rd level helpdesk tickets
- Provide 24x7x365 support on all systems to meet departmental Service Level Agreements
- Provide support for business continuity by ensuring daily backup schedules are completed and provide on site support for annual disaster recovery test
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the Completion of a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, IT or related engineering discipline or 5+ years directly related experience in the design, configuration, deployment and administration of network hardware and software, and you have:
- Technical skills required:
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Windows Windows 10
- Windows 2012/2016/2019 Active Directory domains, Microsoft Clustering
- Microsoft SCCM
- VMWare vSphere 6.X
- VMWare Horizon
- Symantec AntiVirus solutions
- SQL 2008/2012/2016
- HP Blade server hardware
- Cisco UCS
- EMC/DELL Hyper Converged Systems.
- SAN technologies – Dell/EMC, NetApp and Pure Storage
- Experience with building out cloud infrastructure (Azure)
- Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, etc)
- Python Scripting experience a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated and directed, well-organized
- Successful track record collaborating with technical and non-technical teams to promote ideas to support business enablement.
- Excellent project management and time management skills
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off