Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
Strategy is a highly cross-functional group that partners with Motive’s leadership to set our long-term strategic direction, evaluate new opportunity areas, and deliver on key projects through close collaboration with business partners. Examples of major projects that the Strategy team takes on include launching new markets, experimenting with new sales and marketing motions, and prioritizing key areas for investment.
Strategy Senior Managers are tightly aligned to the growth objectives of critical parts of our business and responsible for managing key company projects. A person excelling in this role is both detail-oriented and comfortable with ambiguity, and adept at managing many competing points of view.What You'll Do:
- Make and deliver recommendations on key strategic questions and initiatives, especially when there is incomplete data or insufficient time to drive an analysis through to conclusion
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, sales, marketing, finance, business operations, and other parts of the business to acquire the right data and context for strategic analysis and new initiative execution
- Guide the executive leadership team through the strategic planning process and develop long-range strategic plans
- Partner with the executive leadership team to deliver key communications with external stakeholders, including board members and strategic investors
- Run the company goal setting process, including how to continually improve reporting, measure success, and determine objectives
- 6+ years of experience; preferably 2-3 years of working directly with senior executives
- Highly analytical and data-driven, with strong ability to work with and draw conclusions from data
- Proficient with Excel and other basic analytical tools (SQL experience preferred)
- Experience in management or strategy consulting, finance, high-growth technology companies, or other analytically and strategically rigorous fields that require fast ramp-up and strong intuition around businesses
- Have a proven track record of driving alignment across multiple levels of the organization
- Experience working on cross-functional projects with various stakeholders and a demonstrated expertise in managing such projects
- BA/BS/MS from leading institutions
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.