Sr. Risk Associate at Capital One (Dallas, TX)
Sr. Risk Associate
Risk Associates at Capital One are the front line of defense to ensure our Company remains stable and profitable. In this role you will be working with Business Risk Office associates, Capital One Auto Finance (COAF) business partners and Operational Risk Management (ORM). Risk Associates at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across all of COAF and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
- Having a clear understanding of business strategies, products, services, and risk profile;
- Provide oversight and guidance on risk matters and assigned risk projects
- Support, partner and interact with internal business clients
- Provide independent guidance and advice to the business in implementing risk policies and programs
- Set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
- Drive collaboration between the risk, compliance, operational risk, and other business support functions (e.g., legal, privacy)
- Effectively facilitate 2nd line effective challenge with our business partners
- Identify, assess and manage risk, including emerging risks and regulatory focus areas, providing appropriate documentation of such risks
- Create and maintain appropriate processes and procedures to self-identify, assess, document, control and manage risks
- Ensure independent escalation of risk management gaps, issues, and concerns to both executive management and when appropriate, the Board of Directors, including emerging risks and regulatory focus areas
- Analyze data to proactively identify risks and trends
- Stay current on the changing regulatory environment and understand the impacts to your businesses
- Participate in risk forums and contribute to continuous improvement of risk management practices
The desired experience and skill set for candidates include:
- Strong communication skills: Excellent written and oral communication and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long-term goals. Ability to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment
- Proficient working in spreadsheets and performing basic data analysis
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 year of experience in risk, project or process management
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in risk, project or process management
- 2+ years of experience presenting to senior leadership
- 1+ year of experience in Change management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).