WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Revenue Operations team is a fast growing unit at Basis Technologies that uses data to drive sales and set the course for higher performance and efficiency within its business. We create and provide business analysis with delivers context to the sales team, fueling its ability to rapidly grow customer base and revenue.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will work closely with the Director, Revenue Operations as well as various department leads creating, maintaining and continuously evaluating our sales and marketing performance. You will be expected to grow into the subject matter expert for Basis Technologies' revenue tracking and performance ecosystem. Key responsibilities and focus areas will also include:
- Evaluating our current revenue data and metrics ecosystem. Examples of what this may look like are:
- Mapping the current relationship of sales and marketing tools and our data sources
- Reviewing our current revenue reporting standards
- Working with various department leads to understand their initiatives and KPIs
- Understanding system and data inconsistencies in order to help implement data enrichment processes
- Providing recommendations and support on revenue operations best practices and improving our revenue data and metrics ecosystem. Examples of what this may look like are:
- Formalizing an opportunity pipeline tracking process while understanding the contributions from sales and marketing efforts
- Educating leadership on close ratios with the long-term goal of creating an accurate revenue forecasting model
- Creating additional analysis leveraging our entire data and metrics ecosystem, inclusive of data sources we currently are not using
- Implementing and maintaining meaningful sales and marketing KPIs with a focus on accelerating growth efficiently. Examples of what this may look like are:
- Being the point person responsible for the end-to-end process of supervising the sales funnel and operational metrics and delivering regular insights to the business
- Providing suggestions on future sales and marketing productivity and tracking tools
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3-5 years of work experience with a strong background in Sales Operations, Revenue Operations, Marketing Analytics, and/or Business Analytics at a rapidly growing company (preferably with software experience)
- Experience with B2B SaaS, multi-product, and technical sales as well as the underlying sales and marketing metrics associated with these businesses
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (preferably with knowledge in PowerBI)
- First-hand experience with sales and marketing tools (specifically Salesforce CRM)
- Strong analytical skills and a structured approach to solving business problems
- Lead multiple work streams with ease by optimally and thoughtfully putting together project plans to adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics
- Ad Tech, Media or Technology industry experience
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Power BI
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.