Sr. Professional Services Consultant II at Palo Alto Networks (Atlanta, GA)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
You will provide guidance and technical expertise to clients deploying our security integrations. You’ll act as the technical partner, providing strategic guidance around complex systems to secure a digital environment. Interacting directly with the client, you’ll partner closely with client personnel to guide and suggest integrations to better serve their success. Your thorough understanding of our product integrations contributes to the development of new principles and concepts – providing detailed analysis around what’s working, what’s not, and what could be better.
You enjoy implementation work, are proactive about resolving potential concerns, and operate well around strict best practices that enable our clients on their road to a more secure digital world. You’re creative, innovative, and you love a challenge – learning how integrations might work better around new products and technologies.
- Build custom security policies and application signatures for unique client environments
- Consult and guide customers on security standard best practices methodologies and act as trusted advisor for clients on behalf of Palo Alto Networks
- Analyze logs and events from the solution and supply threat analysis reports, providing input and direction as applicable
- Work proactively with our Technical Assistance Center to troubleshoot and diagnose cases as escalations arise
- Mitigate web-based threats in a timely manner
- Maintain the implemented solution and provide mentorship on code upgrades, changes to the platform, and new technology developments
- Work with sales account team to help formulate a technical strategy to address customer business needs
- Support direct manager in managing business needs through weekly reports and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Engage with the account team to allow them to clearly understand the customer business & technical requirements as you learn through active engagement with the client
- Experience with IDS/IPS solutions and technologies
- Experience leading security solutions in large environments
- Deep understanding of different security threats, internet protocols, and applications
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally our products
- Strong TCP/IP networking skills
- Can effectively handle many different tasks at a time
- Extensive background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with confirmed ability to communicate to senior leaders and technical peers
- Project leadership experience; ability to drive organizations and resources to complete required tasks in service of end goals
- Experience with Prisma Access
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Azure
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.