Sr. Medical Coder at WellSky (Remote)
The Sr. Clinical Coder will be an integral member of the coding team and is responsible for providing services to clients by reviewing OASIS, assigning accurate codes supported by documentation, as well as, Plan of Care review. This is a Full-Time position and while primarily working the week day shift, evening, weekend and/or holiday coverage may be required.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Identify, review, interpret, code and abstract clinical information from home health OASIS and assign correct ICD-10 codes.
- Identify viable primary diagnosis and procedure as well as pertinent secondary diagnosis and procedures.
- Review, interpret and recommend Plan of Care corrections as needed.
Do you have what it takes?
- Must be a Registered Nurse or DPT with home health and/or hospice experience with at least one year of coding
- Active certification in ICD-10 coding (BCHH-C or HCS-D)
- OASIS and POC review experience
- Excellent communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn and efficiently navigate electronic medical records
Do you stand above the rest?
- Current Knowledge of home care and/or hospice Conditions of Participation
- OASIS certification
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.