Sr. Manager, Solventless Extraction at Parallel (Remote)
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
As the Senior Manager, Solventless Extraction, you will possess a high level of technical expertise and application of solventless extraction methods. You will be responsible for managing projects, smaller technical teams, and continuous cross functional work across the organization to bring best in class solventless SKU’s to Parallel’s shelfs. This role will be responsible for building process framework, creating quality assurance and control standards, implementing processes and systems for data collection. Additionally, this role will train and engage with the Solventless teams to create the most innovative and best in class products in this rapidly changing and growing concentrate category.
As this role will be supporting our Florida, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts market, we will be requiring candidates to be based out of these markets with the ability to travel into our facilities frequently.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Project Managing all development stages of new solventless SKUs, communicating updates and progress to the VP, Extraction for master tracking purposes
- Partnering with Compliance and QA functions to develop spec sheets, safety standards and scalable production processes
- Partnering with the cross-functional teams of Cultivation and Supply Chain to ensure proactive allocation of biomass to support the categorical growth
- Connecting with other Extraction teams in Parallel to share best practices and continue creating new IP
- Delivering ongoing training and development for the local state teams on all equipment and processes related to solventless production
- Working with best-in-class equipment vendors to vet innovation and automation options based on needed yields and production goals.
- Visit and vet new equipment vendors at their facilities
- Leading solventless room set up for all new markets in partnership with the Capital Planning team
- Coordinates ways to transfer knowledge in techniques and practices across the entire Parallel organization by bringing the teams together and scheduling high impact 3rd party training with the appropriate vendors to expand the teams working knowledge.
- Monitor and research solventless trends, manufacturing processes, and innovations on an ongoing basis to continue to bring innovative ideas to Parallel
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or related field or equivalent working experience in Cannabis extraction at a minimum of 2 years
- A minimum of 1-2 years of hands-on experience in solventless production is highly preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Prior, demonstrated experience developing the framework, executing internal testing, data collection, and analysis to drive best case business decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite products
- A genuine passion for cannabis and solventless product; ideally versed in the use/consumption of solventless products and concentrates
- Ability to be onsite (manufacturing type environment) a minimum of 50% of working hours or as needed
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.