Sr. Manager, Service Delivery Leader at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
The Senior Manager for the Services Delivery Leader (SDL) team is responsible for the successful delivery of services to Palo Alto Networks customers across our Security Operating Platform.
The SDL leads services teams to deliver an unparalleled customer experience enabling customers to achieve their security objectives and recognize the value of their investment in Palo Alto Networks. The SDL is tightly aligned with Sales in developing and implementing the customer account plan, aligning with service delivery capabilities and financial performance targets.
- Manage a team of Service Delivery Leaders to develop delivery plans that maximize the customer experience and achieve higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Create a cadence for review within the team to drive programmatic maturity in our customer surround delivery processes
- Support services delivery leaders in developing a deep understanding of our customer’s security initiatives, business challenges and their technical environment
- Attract, hire and retain a group of Service Delivery Leaders, high potential individual contributors into the team, ensure rapid onboarding process for new team members, and foster collaboration within internal teams
- Engage broadly across the Customer organization from management through to C-Level/Influencer as required
- Lead your team, coaching on successfully collaborating with services teams, product and engineering teams for prioritization of customer needs
- Coach teams to handle customer escalations by combining business judgment with effective technical assessment skills
- Possess a strong customer centric mentality and genuine curiosity for the breadth of the customers’ real business challenges, along with the ability to match our growing solution set to solve them
- Maintain program dashboards and provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly status to services leadership and to key stakeholders
- Identify opportunities and support the scoping of services including professional services, customer success, support, education, and partner services capabilities that can improve the time to value for your customers
- Up to 20% travel
- 10+ years of experience leading teams in technology and/or security
- Demonstrated success with people-management, coaching and amplifying team competencies
- Ability to manage and influence through negotiation and consensus building
- Deep business operations expertise; has solid experience with creating reports and dashboards is highly preferred
- Understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills with validated ability to influence inside and outside of the organization at the highest levels to garner support
- Able to balance providing extraordinary service with the need to improve financial performance, and deliver on revenue and profit targets
- Analytical and process driven mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Program Management: Proven track record of delivering programs, made up of multiple projects, within defined timelines under pressure
- Decisive: Able to use initiative to make quick decisions to resolve problems and overcome obstacles delaying delivery
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $170,200 to $212,700. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.