Sr. Manager, Infrastructure at Alliant Credit Union (Northwest Suburbs)
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for managing Alliant’s Systems Engineering, Networking, and Database Administration teams providing a high-quality, cost-effective processing environment that contributes to achieving corporate and divisional business goals. The incumbent is responsible for delivering innovation and efficiency into an evolving and constantly changing landscape of a technologically based operation. Key elements of this job will require working knowledge of commercially available systems including Windows, AIX, and Linux Servers, along with storage, database, and cloud technologies. Work requires maintaining an environment where the primary focus is to put the internal customers and members first, increasing the quality of service. The Sr. Manager will collaborate with all levels of management and various departments within the organization ensuring operational results and processes are continuously evolving. Development of team members as well as fostering an engaging work environment is critical. General direction is received from the VP, Chief Technology Officer.
Do you see yourself doing this?
Strategy and Planning
- Develop and maintain components of the Technology Strategic Plan
- Create and develop operating and capital budgets for all areas of responsibility by assessing the staffing requirements, training initiatives and capital requirements necessary to run the business in and efficient and cost-conscious manner
- Research industry leading hardware/software systems and applications
- Prepare presentations and business cases for sponsors and stakeholder groups
- Responsible for managing the core infrastructure and core banking systems corporate and technology goals of multiple high-level projects
- Conduct feasibility and requirements meetings with project owners in support of the requirements engineering process
- Act as liaison between Business users and the Technical teams
- Mentor Business users on proper procedures for Information Systems related projects, including requirements definition and testing
- Develop and maintain project schedules, and manage resources including coordinating time tracking for team members, adjusting assignments as necessary to accommodate issues, scope or timeline changes, revised work estimates and/or resource availability constraints
- Ensure that equipment and data are disposed of on a regular basis and in a secure manner
- Ensure that all infrastructure installations meet PCI and Information security guidelines
- Ensure Critical System Service Level Agreements are achieved
- Ensure that pro-active monitoring is in place for all Hardware and Software systems before they go live
- Ensure environment is updated with current, stable versions of software products
- Maintain currency with operating system and support software
- Plan and implement major software upgrades
- Ensure change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed
- Provide a current, well-managed operating environment for production processing and application development
- Ensure that critical systems data is backed up and recoverable in the event of a disaster
- Ensure that resource Capacity Management analysis is continually conducted
- Identify staffing resources requirements and skill sets required to meet project goals, and work with Staff Augmentation Services when extended resources are required
- Collect and analyze actual costs, time and scope to ensure delivery against the operating plan
- Develop and maintain risk analyses, risk mitigation strategy, capacity plan, and issue logs
- Resolve issues as they develop, and insure the proper communication of resolutions
- Vendor Management, including development of statements of work, engagement and management of contractors, and monitoring of work against the SOW
- Specify the quality assurance process that will ensure the overall quality and continual improvement of the project deliverables
Leadership and Performance Management Responsibilities
- Deliver superior results through quality execution and best practice adaptation.
- Demonstrate courage, ability and agility to understand and address organizational transition in real-time; establish expectations for the unexpected.
- Translates strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities.
- Captures, analyzes, and understands the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement and growth.
- Champions Employee/Internal Customer Engagement, employee development and all cultural hallmarks through a strong leadership signature and a growing command of Alliant’s leadership competencies.
- Continually assesses and provides discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization for direct reports.
- Apply High Performance Management practices in leading an engaged workforce in order to effectively leverage the full potential and talent of this function
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis
- Work with your direct reports and help seek out growth opportunities for your reports; continually challenge reports to maximize their engagement and productivity
- Help propagate messaging across the organization that fosters a broader knowledge of Residential Lending, promotes collaboration and influences constructive and positive change
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field, required, and you have:
- Minimum 10 years’ Technical Management experience, required
- Certified in ITIL Foundations, Service Transition and Service Operation
- Solid technical skills and knowledge, with an ability to work effectively with minimal direction
- Specific knowledge of Symitar Core Banking System, IBM AIX Operating Systems, TCIP/IP Protocol, Network LAN/WAN Topologies, DNS protocol, client/server systems, Dell/EMC VXRail Hyperconverged Appliances, Vmware VDI, Microsoft Servers, ServiceNow Ticketing System, Windows Applications, Windows Operating Systems, all MS Office Applications, MS Outlook Email, Data Center Management, Cisco Network Equipment, PCs, Thin Clients, Laptops, Printers, User Administration, Security and Maintenance
- Demonstrated project management methodology knowledge, analytical troubleshooting and support
- Strong research, data collection, organization, analysis skills including Management Information Systems reporting and capacity planning
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Previous experience working in a financial institution preferred
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with have strong customer focus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including translating complex technical concepts and issues into effective business cases for non-technical audiences required
- Group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills required
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off